With the digital currencies like bitcoin bearing the brunt of the strict government regulations, ad bans and price falls among so much more; governments, popular brands, and financial institutions are moving on to the blockchain technology.
Crypto averse, blockchain enthusiasts
As the price of bitcoin among other cryptocurrencies goes down; and regulatory bodies and institutions start talking about the potential crackdowns, blockchain gets the limelight.
A powerful technology that basically adds records called blocks that contains transaction data and cryptographic hash.
Given the number of blockchain patents getting doubled this year, is evidence enough that the banks, popular brands, big companies and government all have put their focus on blockchain technology.
Also, read…What is BitLicense? Why it’s important?
First, dominating businesses utilizing blockchain
Talking about the sectors that are looking to utilize the blockchain technology comprises of 59 percent blockchain specific companies which are basically the startups such as cryptocurrency exchanges.
With a 20 percent share, financial service industry holds a big chunk of blockchain technology patent holder.
The traditional technology firms also capture a significant share which is 13 percent while the remaining 8 percent is held by other sectors.
Reportedly, about 478 owners have filed for 1,045 identified blockchain patents in the US only.
The winner with the highest number of Blockchain patents?
With 43 blockchain related patents, Goldman Sachs has emerged as a winner. With the wall street financial institution dominating the list, it emphasizes the notion that blockchain technology can transform the global financial system.
Cost, transparency, and speed are ever-present challenges in the domestic as well as the cross-border payment system. Hence, banks are rapidly turning to this technology to reduce the cost, improve record keeping, increase speed and simplify the back-end functions. A number of banks worldwide are experimenting with this technology to facilitate the payments.
Oher companies participating in the race for Blockchain patents
Also, close to the top of the list are Fidelity, TD Bank, Goldman Sachs, American Express and Nasdaq. However, due to the reason that it takes about 18 months for US Patent and Trademark Office to publish the patents after filing the application, the complete picture could be a lot different.
The notable point here is that though the companies have filed for blockchain patents, it’s still no guarantee that the technology will be adopted by the business widely or anytime soon, that’s just to wait and see.
What do you think of financial institutions dominating the blockchain technology patent applications? Let us know below!
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?