China has launched the digital wallet pilot for its digital yuan (e-CNY) on Andriod and iOS platforms. The latest development comes as the world awaits an official public launch for the country’s native CBDC. China was among the first nations to develop its sovereign digital currency after starting the development work in 2014.
According to a tweet from a local digital media platform BlockBeats, the trial version is available for anyone to download and navigate through it to understand its working. The local report read:
“This App is the official service platform of China’s CBDC for individual users to carry out pilot trials, providing e-CNY personal wallet opening and management, e-CNY exchange and circulation services.”
The e-CNY app is now available on iOS and Android app stores.
This App is the official service platform of China's CBDC for individual users to carry out pilot trials, providing e-CNY personal wallet opening and management, e-CNY exchange and circulation services.#CBDC pic.twitter.com/c8S1newxiw
— BlockBeats (@BlockBeatsChina) January 4, 2022
Earlier in 2021, a screenshot of the alleged e-CNY wallet was leaked online that was meant for internal use by banks. The current layout of the wallet seems quite different from the first leak.
The development work was completed by the end of 2019, however, the Beijing government is yet to announce a public launch. In these two years of mass trials, the digital yuan has been used in various industries and platforms. The state provinces have airdropped several million in e-CNY for people to test and use it completely.
Will China officially launch digital yuan in 2022?
The speculations around a possible official launch have been doing the rounds for years, however, each year the Chinese government and authorities only expand the scope of testing of the CBDC including online payments and insurance payment as well. Many European and Asian nations are also on the verge of starting their CBDC trials in 2022, however, China is still years ahead in terms of development and testing.
China could potentially launch its e-CNY in 2022 and the pilot version of its digital wallet is one such indication that the government might opt for a public launch. However, even without a launch e-CNY is being used in millions during the trials itself, the official launch would be an extension of the trials.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?