The CFO of Commonwealth Bank quits his job to join world’s fifth largest cryptocurrency EOS’s company Block.one as one of the board members and group president. Currently, in the red, EOS coin has its Maninet launch coming up on June 2 as well.
Commonwealth bank CFO call it quits to join the firm behind EOS coin “Block.one”
The world’s fifth largest cryptocurrency, EOS with a market cap of over $12 billion has marked another achievement by recruiting the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of one of the biggest banks of Australia, Commonwealth Bank as its COO.
Rob Jesudason, resigned in less than a year of taking the position of CFO in the bank to become the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and group president of the firm, Block.one which has developed EOS.
Jesudason, who has previously worked for JP Morgan has been replaced by Alan Docherty, the CFO of International banking and Markets branch of CBA on an interim basis.
Whereas Block.one mentioned in its statement that Jesudason would take his position later this year
“following his notice period.” The chief executive of the company, Brendan Blumer praised the skills of Jesudason stating “Rob has a proven track record of success in global financial services, where he has been involved in industry innovation and facilitated regulatory advancement enabling the adoption of new technologies.”
He further explained:
“His alignment with our organizational priorities of creating compliant, high-performance blockchain solutions, is an ideal fit for Block.one, and is an exciting conclusion to our thorough search for the right individual.”
5th Largest cryptocurrency EOS chased by the bear
Talking about joining Block.one, Jesudason has been quoted as saying
“the market’s strong response to Block.one’s approach has resulted in it being one of the fastest growing organizations in the world, and this will inform our operational growth strategies going forward.”
Registered in the Cayman Islands, Block.one launched EOS coin last year which raised about $700 million in its ICO. In the recent months, EOS gained a lot of popularity and market value. On January 13, EOS price was at $15.60, it’s highest since it showed up in the market. Going with the momentum of the market, EOS coin dipped down to $4.34 on March 18.
Since then, it has been on a gradual lift by hitting the $20.24 at the end of April month. Right now, EOS is sitting at $14.08 and down by 2.81 percent while still maintaining its 5th spot according to Coinmarketcap.
Having years of experience in a plethora of big finance companies like JP Morgan, Barclays, McKinsey and IFS among others, the addition of Jesudason is definitely a good thing for EOS. With the recent introduction to EOSIO Dawn 4.0 and its much anticipated Mainnet launch coming up on June 2, EOS coin can expect a surge in its market value.
What are your views on Rob Jesudason’s decision to quit a major financial institution and taking the crypto route? Share your thoughts with us!
- ETH Whales Add Polygon (MATIC) Amid Prices Surge Of 60% In Last 7 Days
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Avalanche Price Analysis: Will The AVAX Breakout Rally Reach $30?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: U-shaped Recovery could Lead SAND above $1.5
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%