Vitalik and Tron Foundation CEO, Justin Sun, have been at loggerheads over which of the blockchains rule the world of smart contracts since the latter left Ethereum and launched on its own mainnet in 2018 and into Q2 2020, the same story persists.
Ethereum’s founder threw shade on Tron Network in a subliminal tweet sent out to his followers on Thursday, April 16, 2020. Vitalik’s latest tweet (which unsurprisingly did not mention any specific project) may directly be aimed at Tron who he has time and again said they have “good marketing.” The latest message comes hours following the launch of BitTorrent’s logo, to which Vitalik and Ethereum’s community branded “plagiarism”.
BitTorrent caught in the center of Vitalik/Sun latest battle
Following the launch of BTFS’ new logo, part of the Ethereum community was incensed at BitTorrent’s latest development accusing the team of plagiarizing their Internet File System logo used by the blockchain. However, BitTorrent responded to the claims stating,
“It’s not cool to accuse #BitTorrent, whose been around for decades perfecting our technology. #IPFS should be grateful BitTorrent leads the way as a leader in this industry to pave the way for others to follow. We should be united! #BitTorrent never even charged you & #IPFS for copy/pasting our technology, you should be grateful instead of disrespecting us w/ your frivolous false accusations.”
However, Vitalik, who has consistently critiqued BitTorrent since Sun’s takeover, has responded stating the file-sharing platform is heavily centralized. Moreover, he questions Justin Sun’s influence on the platform since purchasing it back in 2018.
This tweet is honestly painful to read. It's like looking at a zombie: the account *looks like* something you've grown up with and known and loved for 15 years, but underneath it's just, well, now it's just another appendage of the Sun dictatorship
— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) April 16, 2020
Vitalik sends a subliminal message to Tron
A tweet sent only an hour after the one linked above, Vitalik talked about different kinds of projects categorizing them into two major classes: marketing and underlying tech. The three projects include those that have good technology and bad marketing, good marketing and bad technology and the “best of the crop, those having good marketing and good underlying technologies.
If you have good tech and bad marketing, you may fail, which is a tragedy. If you have bad tech and good marketing, you may succeed, but know that by making an inferior product win you may have made the world worse. Good tech and good marketing together is ideal.
— vitalik.eth (@VitalikButerin) April 16, 2020
Given the extensive effort Tron has put over the years, and Vitalik’s constant bashing of the network’s technology, it looks like yet another dig at Tron.
Ethereum currently trades at $171.31 representing 9.6% over the past 24 hours maintaining its second position on the market cap log. TRX trades at $0.01284946, a 4.6% spike in the past 24 hours holding on to 18th position on Coingecko charts.
- Elon Musk Tweet: Tesla Accepting Dogecoin, But There Is A Catch!
- Chainalysis Report Claims Criminal Usage Of Cryptocurrency Will Decrease In 2022
- SHIB Bulls Cause Shiba Inu Prices To Skyrocket
- Strike App Faces Problems In Argentina; Does Not Support Bitcoin, Claim Users
- Crypto Exchange Bitfinex Tells Ontario Customers To Close Accounts After OSC Canada Cracks Its Whip
- Rio De Janeiro Plans To Buy Bitcoin With City’s 1% Reserve; Tax Discounts Also To Be Offered
- India Seizes $5 Million Worth Assets in $162M Morris Coin Crypto Ponzi Scheme
- North Korean Hackers Embezzled $400 Million In Cryptocurrency Last Year – Report
- Breaking: Elon Musks Tweets ‘Tesla Merch Buyable with Dogecoin’
- Crypto Exchange Binance Enables Direct Withdrawals to Ethereum Layer 2
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?