South Korea’s Woori Bank has started the second round of Japan-Korea overseas remittance experiment built on Ripple. It is expected to complete on January 30 but will take at least 5-6 months more to become a policy.
2nd Round of Overseas Remittance Experiment
It has been reported in December that the Japanese financial institutions will experiment the second cross border transaction with the major banks of South Korea in 2018. These remittance experiments will be based on the blockchain technology of Ripple cryptocurrency, an American start up company.
In this second experiment, Woori Bank used the blockchain technology with 61 domestic banks and three major banks along with Japan post bank to conduct the overseas remittances and confirm if the transactions were conducted correctly.
An official from the Woori Bank said:
“We conducted the 2nd test of the overseas remittance on the afternoon of the previous day. We plan to finalize the test on the 31st after having a technical workshop on 25-26th.”
The existing international remittance system uses the SWIFT network and consists of an intermediary bank and a remittance and receiving bank as well. This system takes a lot of money and time for a commission fee.
The Blockchain technology will be used for multiple transactions and to verify those transactions history. It is expected that the technology will make the overseas payments much faster by making it available to the users the same day and will also help in reducing about 30% transaction cost. The reason being the distributed information technology allows both the parties to share the information in real time.
When will it come into action?
Though the test is completed, it will still take time for the bank to apply it to the overseas remittances. Woori Bank takes about five to six months to make a policy that is based on the evaluation of all the relevant departments as per the test results.
An official from the Woori bank said:
“After the test is over, we will hear the feedback from related departments such as technology and foreign exchange and make a final decision so that policy decisions will be made by the end of the first half of this year. It will be at the end of the year that blockchain technology is applied to overseas remittances because of the process.”
This test will be completed on January 31, 2018. It has been reported that being in the experiment stage, investors aren’t interested yet. Also, it is likely that one of the reasons for the rise in the value of ripple is the success of this experiment.
The presented content may include personal opinion of the author and is subject to market condition. Do your market research before investing in cryptocurrencies. The author or the publication does not hold any responsibility for you personal financial loss.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?