ETH price tracks higher amid broader crypto market relief rally with decent gains. ETH started the session on a pessimistic note but the buyers gather strength and moved higher. However, the recent downswing pushed it to test the levels last seen in July 2021. The relief rally bought back the crypto above the $2,000 mark. Still, the downside pressure remained intact in the asset.
- ETH price gains 7% on Friday following two days of extensive selling.
- Investors remain in panic selling mode due to the extremely negative sentiment in the market.
- Bullish RSI divergence on the 4-hour chart suggests a much-anticipated bounce back in the price.
ETH price looks for a sign of a rebound
ETH price is in revival mode after it fell to hit the lows of $1,701. In today’s session, it reclaimed the psychological $2,000 mark. However, the overall downward trend still overshadowed any upside movement in the asset. As the price still trades below the crucial moving averages and resistance zone on all time-frames. That suggests any short-term advance could capitalize as another opportunity to create short unless a strong upside confirmation arises.
A renewed buying pressure would push the price higher for a while with the immediate resistance placed at $2,200. That said, an extended buying could result in overthrowing the 50-day EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $2,349.37 which could lead to $2,400.
On the flip side, a spike in sell orders could once again drag the price lower to test $1,700.
On the 4-hour chart, the relative strength index (RSI) gives bullish divergence while it reads above 40, pointing up. Another oscillator, the moving average convergence divergence (MACD) holds an extreme oversold condition with an upward bias.
As of publication time, ETH/USD reads at $2,098, up 7.22% for the day. According to CoinMarketCap, the cryptocurrency holds the 24-hour trading volume at $28,785,489,726.
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- SWIFT Plans To Interlink All CBDCs, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Ripple (XRP) Throws In $100 Million To Cut Down Carbon Emission
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000