NFTs have started 2022 with a bang as OpenSea NFT marketplace’s one day trading volume touched all time high (ATH) at $240 million on January 2. Furthermore, according to Chinese journalist, Colin Wu OpenSea’s trading volume for the month of December 2021 surpassed the $3 billion mark. While the consistently hiking trading volumes are unsurprising given the NFT frenzy, yet this time around Wu specified that the credit goes to the top two NFT projects – the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and the Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC).
On January 2nd, opensea's trading volume was as high as 240 million U.S. dollars, a record high. The trading volume in December again exceeded US$3 billion. The main reason is the popularity of BAYC & MAYC again.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 3, 2022
BAYC & MAYC dominance continues in 2022
The premium NFT collections – BAYC and MAYC are topping the NFT market charts. Especially, the past week, from leaving 2021 to entering 2022 saw both projects outperform with over 40 percent hike in the floor price over the weekend. According to DappRadar, seven-day volumes for MAYC and BAYC stood at $91 million and $84 million, respectively.
This further displayed an increase of 43 percent for MAYC tokens and a whopping 153 percent for BAYC collection. Pushing the frenzied collections, the Hollywood celebrity rapper, Eminem added to the BAYC and MAYC popularity when he bought the Bored Ape #9055 for 123.45 Ether (ETH), which amounted to $452,000.
This is not the first time that mentioned pair of Ape NFTs have showcased a noteworthy performance in the tokenised landscape. According to CoinGape’s reportage during the last week of 2021, it was noted that MAYC collection’s trading volume surpassed 5200 ETH in the duration of just 24 hours, amounting to a 221 percent hike.
Additionally, the Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) along with the Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC), and Bored Ape Kennel Club (BAKC) outmatched other NFT projects in 2021, securing their place in the premium NFT collection market. In the last month of August, all the three collections combined amassed over 170,000 ETH, i.e., $644 million of the trading volume.
The overall NFT adoption in 2021 was in itself remarkable. According to Chainalysis 2021 NFT market report, approximately $26.9 billion worth of NFTs were traded across all NFT marketplaces, ascertaining its rising dominance.
- Ripple Objects To SECs Request To Buy More Time Following Recent Court Ruling
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?