Bitcoin whales are moving large amounts to and from exchanges raising doubts on a possible bullish run heading to the halving. As the U.S markets opened, over $75 million in Bitcoin (BTC) has been transferred to top crypto exchanges including Binance, OKEx and Bitstamp. Despite BTC changing hands at $7,300 and showing bullish signals on the long term charts, recent movements set an unoptimistic tone on the BTC/USD pair.
Over $75 million in BTC transferred to exchanges
Shortly after hitting the $7,000 mark and maintaining the price above key resistance levels, BTC bulls look to be ready to cash out in the near future. According to whale data aggregator, Whale Trades, six huge BTC transactions were sent to exchanges between 5.03 PM GMT +3 to 6.44 PM GMT +3 totaling over $80 million in value.
— Whale Alert (@whale_alert) April 9, 2020
The transactions (each at least over 1000 BTC) were sent to top crypto exchanges including Binance, OKEx and Bitstamp from unknown wallets. The largest of the six is to OKEx whereby 5,000 BTC, approximately $36.3 million as at the time of writing, was sent for a minute fee of 0.00001284 BTC.
Are bulls losing their strength in the market?
Over the past week, the sentiments across the BTC market has transformed from strongly bearish to bullish as the price of Bitcoin crossed key resistance level at $6,800. Since, the coin has soared to touch $7,400 but major resistance revel at $7,500 remains elusive. The current massive transfer of funds to exchanges may not bode well with bulls in the near term.
BTC/USD price bounced off the SMA50, which provides near term resistance, raising doubts a push to $8,000. Notwithstanding the relative strength index (RSI) is flattening out on the daily charts projecting a possible reversal back to sub-$7,000 support levels.
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000