Apple Inc, the mobile technology giant could follow in the footsteps of Tesla and MicroStrategy to add Bitcoin to its treasury as per RBC Capital Markets. Apple became the first company to achieve $1 trillion treasury value two years back, and are actively looking to expand its range of products and services. RBC Markets analyst Mitch Steves in a note to the clients wrote that Apple could very well develop a crypto custody wallet and run a crypto exchange. He wrote,
“The wallet initiative appears to be a clear multi-billion dollar opportunity for the firm (potential for well over $40 billion in annual revenue with limited R&D), ”
— CNBC (@CNBC) February 8, 2021
The ongoing printing spree by the Federal Reserve owing to the multiple stimulus packages released by the government to offer relief to citizens during the pandemic has taken a toll on US Dollar value. As a result, institutions are looking for a long-term treasury reserve asset that could offer a better return than the US Dollar
Tesla Inc making the biggest single bitcoin purchase worth $1.5 billion and MicroStrategy’s Bitcoin holding already doubling in value would make other institutions consider bitcoin for sure. Apple Inc with one of the highest treasury values could well become the next institution to convert a portion of their treasury cash to bitcoin.
How Bitcoin has Outclassed Gold as The Growing Choice of Inflation Hedge?
Institutions over the years have invested in gold, government bonds, and Hedge Funds during troubled financial times, however, even before the pandemic hit the world the financial markets were looking very shaky and on the verge of collapse quite similar to 2008. The government bonds are being offered at negative interest rates while hedge funds are holding high-risk positions.
Even Gold seems to be losing its luster in the eyes of institutions as its price continues to tumble. US Dollar used to be another hedge currency for many but due to high inflation rates and nearly $9 trillion printed by Feds this year alone, has made Bitcoin a growing choice.
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000