- Ripple battles the resistance at the 100-day SMA after failing to break the hurdle at $0.27.
- XRP/USD could resume the downtrend to $0.26 as an ascending triangle pattern comes into the picture.
Ripple price appears to have stalled after taking down the resistance at $0.26. An attempt to push the cross border token to $0.30 hit a massive wall under $0.27. Instead, the fourth-largest cryptocurrency retreated beneath $0.26. At the time of writing, XRP/USD is teetering at $0.257 amid a developing bearish outlook.
XRP’s immediate upside is capped by the 100 Simple Moving Average in the daily range. An ascending triangle pattern’s x-axis also limits price movement. The longer Rippled stays under these two hurdles, the stronger the bearish grip becomes.
It is essential to realize that ascending triangles are interpreted as continuation patterns in technical analysis. A breakout can occur either up or down, however, the price tends to continues with the trend preceding the consolidation. In this case, XRP is likely to break down to the support highlighted at $0.22.
XRP/USD daily chart
The 50-day SMA is in line to absorb some of the selling pressure. Other critical support levels to keep in mind include $0.24 and the 200 SMA, currently holding the ground at $0.231.
Meanwhile, the Relative Strength Index suggests that the price is still largely in the hands of the bulls until a breakdown is confirmed, perhaps by a daily close under the 50 SMA. On the contrary, recovery will come into the picture if Ripple reclaims the position above $0.26. Price action above $0.27 is likely to call for more buy orders as XRP bulls plan the angle of attack to overcome the resistance at $0.3.
Ripple Intraday Levels
Spot rate: $0.256
Relative change: 0.0018
Percentage change: 0.75%
Trend: Sideways biased
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?