The last week in crypto has been pretty exciting when it comes to the crypto market rally. The overall cryptocurrency market cap surged by an additional $100 billion with Bitcoin (BTC) leading the show. As said, the world’s largest cryptocurrency surged over 20% over the last week smashing past the resistance of $20,000 and surging all the way above $24,000 to hit its new all-time high. With the recent rally, Bitcoin (BTC) extends its crypto market dominance to above 66%.
Institutional interest in Bitcoin (BTC) continues to accelerate further as veteran investors and hedge funds continue buying in huge quantities through OTC deals. Over the last few months, some big players have been silently building their positions in BTCs pouring millions of dollars.
The unprecedented monetary measures by the central banks and the rising inflationary pressure, is pushing institutions closer to Bitcoin. Guggenheim Partners chief-investment-officer predicts that Bitcoin (BTC) can go all the way up to $400,000 based on their fundamental assessment.
As Bitcoin continues to grow in strength, investors have been closely watching the outflows out of Gold. Jefferies head of global equity Chris Woods has trimmed down his massive Gold portfolio and plans to invest a part of it into Bitcoin. Although there’s been some evidence about big players dumping Gold for BTC, Goldman Sachs says that Bitcoin doesn’t pose any threat to Gold.
On the other hand, with the recent Bitcoin (BTC) price rally, the total assets under management for the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) move past $13 billion. While All the Frenzy Around Bitcoin wasn’t enough, on Sunday, business tycoon Elon Musk sparked curiosity making not so favorable tweets for Bitcoin (BTC).
Altcoins Participate In the Crypto Market Rally
Along with Bitcoin (BTC), a few altcoins made significant advancements making the most of the market rally. While Ethereum (ETH) price surged more than 10% above $650 to its new 2020-high, Litecoin (LTC) led the show with 30% gains in the same period. The LTC price surged all the way to $123 to hit its new 2020-high. With this, Litecoin extended its yearly gains to 200%.
On the other hand, the Ether (ETH) price rallied past $650 levels to hit its new 2020-high. One of the biggest developments has been CME Group announced its February 2021 launch for the Ether Futures Contracts.
Moreover, the Ethereum (ETH) supply on the exchanges remained low last week taking the gas fee higher. Also, Ethereum 2.0 becomes the fourth largest staking network with the total value of staked ETH crossing $1.5 billion.
While Ripple’s XRP also participated in the market rally mid-week, it hasn’t been able to hold the momentum and continues to move sideways.
Regulatory and Other Market Developments
There have also been some major developments on the regulatory front. The U.S. Treasury’s FinCEN Bureau proposed new rules for regulating the non-custodial cryptocurrency wallets. While FinCEN calls this a move to stop the illicit use of crypto, industry veterans and crypto lawyers have criticized the decision.
On a positive note, the world’s largest crypto exchange Coinbase has applied for an IPO with the U.S. SEC last week. This will certainly boost confidence among crypto firms to make their way to the mainstream financial market. Also, The Bahamas CBDC Sand Dollar went live in operation last week. Lastly, looking at the recent developments around crypto, Vietnamese Prime Minister incorporates blockchain and crypto in the country’s top-5 technology priorities.
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?