ETH 2.0, one of the most talked-about upgrades in the decentralized world has reached another milestone after the value of staked Ether surpassed $1 billion. The milestone came within the first 20 days of the Beacon Chain launch making the newly launched ETH 2.0 network the fourth largest staking network with over 1.5 million staked Ether.
ETH 2.0 is moving from a proof-of-work mining consensus to Proof-of-stake, promising high scaling capabilities with support for sharding. Vitalik Buterin, the co-founder of Ethereum has claimed that the fully operational ETH 2.0 network would have transaction processing capabilities on-par with mainstream centralized payment processing giants such as VISA and MasterCard.
The ETH 2.0 has a multi-year roll-out plan expected to commence in three phases with an approx 2-year timeline. The main capabilities and benefits of the ETH 2.0 network would be visible only after the complete roll-out, however, the crypto community seems highly bullish towards Ether as visible through on-chain metrics and soaring ETH price and staking services announcements by major exchanges such as Coinbase and Kraken.
Ethereum On-Chain Metrics Suggest Highly Bullish Sentiment
The number of daily unique addresses interacting with the network soared to a 2-month high suggesting the surging interest in the second-largest cryptocurrency. Ether price has also soared by over 17% in the past week, currently consolidating above $650. The ETH price also saw a major rally after CME announced they would be launching an Ether Future quite similar to its Bitcoin Futures in February next year.
???? While #Bitcoin got the majority of headlines the past few days, #Ethereum rather quietly posted its highest daily active address output in more than 2 months. Unsurprisingly, many $ETH-based projects have been rallying against $BTC ever since. https://t.co/U2LJTG3uXX pic.twitter.com/sAAP0xklnP
— Santiment (@santimentfeed) December 19, 2020
The number of active wallet addresses as well as addresses with a non-zero balance is on constant growth. The number of Ethereum addresses with a value between $1-$10 has surpassed the 15 million marks even surpassing Bitcoin on the metrics. The second-largest crypto-asset also has a better YTD return against Bitcoin.
Rising Gas Fee Comes Back to Haunt Ethereum Again
One of the main reasons for the launch of ETH 2.0 is to offer better transaction capabilities at negligible cost, as the current Ethereum network is jam-packed with growing Defi volumes combined with daily ETH transactions, making it clogged which in turn results in high Gas fees. A couple of months back the growing gas fee became a major concern for the Ethereum network resulting in several traders paying even higher gas fees than the transaction amount.
The rising gas-fee issue is back to haunt the Ethereum community again as several people complained about facing similar issues. One user posted a screenshot of his transaction where the network was asking for $43 in the gas fee. While the ETH 2.0 complete roll-out is at least 2 years away, the network might have to find a temporary solution to keep it in check.
— $Linkara Crypto #❤️❤️❤️ #Celsians #SpaceMonkey (@LinkCrypto1) December 17, 2020
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- “This Irritates Me”- Elon Musk Slams Twitter’s Integration Of NFTs
- Crypto Mayhem Grips Markets, $230 Billion Decimated In Massive Red Friday Selloff
- New York City Mayor Eric Adams to Buy Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) Dips Today
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Sagging Values To Get A Boost With New Token Burn Mechanism?
- U.S. Fed Releases New Whitepaper for CBDC Digital Dollar, Kickstarts Debate
- Crypto Market Flash Crash: Bitcoin (BTC) Down 8%, Ethereum (ETH) And Altcoins Follow
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?