Canadian Prime Minister Candidate Pierre Poilievre said a government led by him will be focusing to create a decentralized economy. Pierre Poilievre promises to utilize the potential of cryptocurrencies, such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, and blockchain technology. Moreover, he believes Canadians should have the freedom to use Bitcoin and other digital assets as money.
Canadian Minister Pierre Poilievre Believes in Decentralized Economy
Pierre Poilievre, the Canadian Prime Minister candidate for the Conservative Party, said on Monday the government under him will look to decentralize the Canadian economy with the adoption of cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin. Moreover, the government will look to reduce the influence of central banks, broadening the money choices available to Canadians.
Criticizing the Bank of Canada’s $400 billion in cash out through quantitative easing during the COVID-19 crisis, Pierre Poilievre said:
“Government is ruining the Canadian dollar, so Canadians should have the freedom to use other money, such as bitcoin.”
Furthermore, while speaking at a Bitcoin payment-focused shawarma shop in London, Ontario, he blamed the central bank for the 30-year-high inflation rate and record housing prices as a result of using quantitative easing policy to create an artificial money supply.
Urging Canadians to take control of their money by using bitcoin as an inflation hedge and a store of value, he said:
“Choice and competition can give Canadians better money and financial products. Not only that, but it can also let Canadians opt-out of inflation with the ability to opt-in to crypto currencies.”
Making Canada the “Blockchain Capital of the World”
Currently, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has built a hostile environment against crypto as a result of the Freedom Convoy protests in Ontario. Moreover, there is a lack of understanding and regulatory clarity on crypto.
Through the use of Bitcoin and blockchain technology, Prime Minister Candidate Pierre Poilievre looks to attract the crypto community to support him. Moreover, creating a decentralized economy with the use of crypto adoption and blockchain technology, while providing Canadians the freedom to explore the crypto market.
“Canada needs less financial control for politicians and bankers and more financial freedom for the people.”
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000