The start of the new year has brought back bulls for Defi altcoins as some of the top performers on New Year Monday include Uniswap (UNI), AAVE, and Yearn.Finance (YFI) topping the charts with the biggest gains for the day. Santiment data showed that even though a majority of the market remained nearly flat with little to no bullish momentum, Defi altcoins registered a prominent surge up to 13%
The last quarter of 2021 was expected to be bullish after a September sell-off, however, apart from October, both November and December ended in red leading to the crypto market falling to levels seen during the July-August phase. The crypto market reached another new all-time high (ATH) in October as the overall crypto market cap climbed above $3 trillion. However, by the end of 2021 crypto market has lost another 30% of its market from October.
Can the Defi market bring the bulls back?
The Defi market is still one of the most sought-after crypto use cases despite a string of hacks and rug pulls. The total defi market cap is currently hovering above $160 billion and YFI made the biggest leap over the past 24-hours with a 13% surge in price. YFI formed six consecutive green candles on the daily chart indicating a bullish surge even at a time when the rest of the crypto market was consolidating. YFI was trading at $40,881 at the time of writing and looks set to continue its surge further.
YFI was followed by UNI in terms of daily gains and rose nearly 9% over the past 24-hours. The top Dex platform has recently shifted to the Polygon network which has turned out to be a success and many belive its current price surge is fueled by the successful migration to Matic.
The majority of mainstream crypto be it Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH) and several others are yet to show signs of bull revival, however, the rise of the defi altcoins would surely give some hope for another altseason soon.
- Fidelity Eyes for ETFs Tied to Metaverse After the SEC Rejects Its Spot Bitcoin ETF
- Fake Grimacecoin Jumps 285,000% After McDonald’s’ Response to Elon Musk Tweet
- Turkey President Tayyip Erdoğan Orders For Metaverse Research
- After Twitter, Reddit Might Allow Users To Add NFT as Profile Picture
- Facebook’s Bumbling Crypto Venture Diem to Wind Down, Sell Assets
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?