Goldman Sach, the American banking investment giant sees Bitcoin as a maturing asset that has drawn institutional interest in its present bull run. Jeff Currie, the Global Head of Commodities Research at Goldman Sachs in his recent interview with CNBC said that the rising institutional interest in bitcoin suggests its status as a maturing asset, however, the flow of institutional money is still very low.
“I think the market is beginning to become more mature. I think in any nascent market you get that volatility and those risks that are associated with it.”
“The key to creating some type of stability in the market is to see an increase in the participation of institutional investors and right now they’re small, roughly 1% of it is institutional money.”
Bitcoin in its current bull run has turned many former critiques into an admirer where many even see it replacing gold in near future. The top cryptocurrency has drawn a great deal of institutional interest this bull run which includes Grayscale, Pay Pal, MicroStrategy, and Square.
Institutional Inflow Has Just Started for Bitcoin
The ongoing bull run especially at the start when it broke the key resistance of $20,000 to surpass its previous all-time-high was believed to be carried by institutions as they overbought bitcoin fueling its price further.
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkBitcoin News
The top cryptocurrency’s recent market correction leading to a 28% price crash brought back the volatility debate which gave the likes of Peter Schiff another chance to take a swipe at the best performing asset of the previous year.
Bitcoin traded near $42K on Friday and near $30K on Monday. An asset that drops 28% over a weekend is not a safe-haven, a store of value, or a viable hedge against #inflation. If you want to gamble on #Bitcoin, buy Bitcoin. But if you want to hedge against inflation buy #gold.
— Peter Schiff (@PeterSchiff) January 11, 2021
The market correction even though quite significant to the outside world did not come as a big surprise to many veteran bitcoin traders who have often claimed that a market pullback of about 30% is anticipated in a bull market.
The institutions capital contribution might look just a fraction but it is important to note that they only began to show interest post halving in May last year, probably realizing the scarcity which leads to a FOMO
2021 could be the year when institutions start adopting bitcoin just like MicroStrategy and Grayscale who already see it as a new inflation hedge.
My recent thoughts on #Bitcoin as money, the demise of Gold, de-monetizing defective assets, price discovery, hyperinflation, regulatory concerns & criticisms, debt financing, crypto theory, & Newtonian network dynamics shared with 200,000 cyber hornets.https://t.co/p712F45kSR
— Michael Saylor (@michael_saylor) January 10, 2021
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why