Bitcoin prices yet again tumble down to just above $6k level as the entire crypto market sees red. However, crypto influencer, John McAfee isn’t affected as he asks people to get real and stop the short-term thinking as Bitcoin has actually risen 140 percent to last year.
Bitcoin close to $6k, John McAfee says “stop the short term thinking”
Since yesterday, Bitcoin prices have been sliding down constantly. The entire crypto market is actually experiencing the deep red. At the time of writing, Bitcoin (BTC) has been at $6,124 with a loss of 0.85 percent. Yesterday, the prices dipped down somewhere between 3 to 5 percent.
But famous crypto influencer John McAfee is not at all feeling the blues rather he is asking the people to get real. Despite being in the hospital bed, McAfee shared his sentiments and don’t want people to get concerned about the market drop.
In his true McAfee style, he says, “Get real”. He brought forward the statistics to press his point and compared the current price of Bitcoin to last year’s.
Ok people: Can we please get real? One year ago to the day, Bitcoin was at $2,560. Today it is over $6,000. That is a 140% increase. This year to year increase has been accelerating significantly. Stop the short term thinking. Get real.
— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) June 23, 2018
Also, read: McAfee Supported Docademic [MTC] Soaring in a Slow Moving Market
John McAfee sticks to his $15k in July
This surely had the attention of the people as they shared their sentiments as well. One Twitter user commented: “Have my $btc locked away will not be going near it for 2-3 years is the plan unless it gets life-changing high for me.”
Another one shared,
“Thanks John, I am telling same thing to those who haven’t had any BTC before Dec 2017 and now crying about the price! just buy same amount of BTC you bought in Dec 2017 and let it stay at your wallet for few years…”
Well, people also reminded McAfee his Bitcoin price prediction of $15k. One user asked:
“John, what happened to your algorithms for July? Still sticking with them?” To which he replied a simple, “yes”.
There is no set pattern in the crypto industry, what might be expected to drive the prices up can end up either tanking the prices or have no effect at all. As for the current red market scenario, it could be because of a number of reasons such as Japan authorities getting stricter on crypto exchanges and Zebpay, popular Indian crypto wallet service provider, sending notices to crypto investors of the potential halt of fiat deposit and withdrawal services.
It has also been expected by industry experts that bitcoin prices might hit the lowest of this month before it gains traction and rises again.
Do you think the drop in prices is not as disturbing a scenario as it has been made so? Share your views in the comment section below!
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?