Solana Pay, the first decentralized payments platform, introduced a transaction requests feature for developers and merchants.
The transaction requests brings Solana transactions into the real world, enabling NFT minting, dynamic discounts, tokenized loyalty programs, and others. It can be done through an interactive request between a checkout app and a mobile wallet.
Solana Pay Brings Decentralized Payments into Real World
Solana in an official announcement on its website said it is bringing transaction requests for developers and merchants on the Solana Pay payment protocol. It allows users to mint NFTs as the demand for Solana-based NFT projects continues to rise. Moreover, it will bring discounts and loyalty programs to the payments platform.
Customers can execute Solana Pay transaction requests by scanning a merchant QR code, which makes the wallet send an HTTP request to the merchant API. Thereafter, the merchant makes a customized transaction for the customer after receiving the wallet address. The customer then approves the transaction by signing with their private key and sending the transaction to the network.
The transaction requests can bring use cases such as minting NFTs or loyalty tokens transfer. Moreover, it will enable refunds, chargebacks, insurance, buy-now-pay-later, discounts, rewards, and yield generation under DeFi transactions. It may also allow merchants and brands to send tokens, invitations, and gifts to customers.
The transaction requests are now live on Phantom and Solflare crypto wallets. Other wallets will soon support the new feature.
In order to promote blockchain-based payments and help customers make transaction requests, Solana Pay plans to demonstrate transaction requests live at the Atlas Cafe in San Francisco, California on May 5.
Solana Pay Reshapes Payments Space
Solana Pay had witnessed massive adoption by merchants and customers. Until now, the platform allowed one-way transfers of SOL, USDC, NFTs, and other tokens for developers and merchants. The new features bring more functionalities to the platform, which could lead to the dominance of Solana Pay.
Solana’s (SOL) price has jumped nearly 10% in the last 24 hours, with the current price trading at $92.67.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?