Amid the ongoing crackdown in China, a lot of Bitcoin miners are shifting base to the U.S. The Republican U.S. Senator of Wyoming – Cynthia Lummis – has recently invited Bitcoin miners. The Senator tweeted: “If you are in the #Bitcoin mining space, please reach out. We WANT you in Wyoming”.
— Cynthia Lummis 🦬 (@CynthiaMLummis) July 3, 2021
The Senator’s tweet arrived later on Friday, July 2. Cynthia Lummis has been recently vocal about her support for Bitcoin and the overall crypto space. Last week, Lummis urged people to buy Bitcoin and save it as part of the retirement plan.
Lummis has been open in her views saying that BTC allows investors to diversify their assets amid concerns of the declining value of the U.S. Dollar. In a series of tweets, the Wyoming Senator said;
“I believe USD should and will continue to be the world’s reserve currency. BUT spending like drunken sailors is not serving the American people, or the value of USD, well.
I believe financial innovation offers an egalitarian opportunity for hardworking Americans to store the value generated by the sweat of their brows. Preservation of capital should not be reserved for the wealthy will Wall Street connections. Government shouldn’t be able to debase your ‘store of value’.
Senator Lummis – Retirement Funds Should Have exposure to BTC
The Wyoming Senator revealed that she has already purchased $100,000 worth of BTC and would continue to buy more and save. Lummis also expressed her views about how retirements funds should have exposure to BTC. In an interview with CNBC’s Ylan Mui, the Wyoming Senator said:
“I would like to see cryptocurrency, like Bitcoin, become part of a diversified asset allocation that are used in retirement funds and other opportunities for people to save for the future. So whether you’re an employee that has a retirement fund – I’d like to see those retirement funds invested in bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies that are good stores of value”.
Besides, Lummis also advocated the use of crypto in daily life.
- Breaking: Luna Foundation Guard Member Says Terra Reserves En Route
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why