- Ethereum has jumpstarted the altcoin season, paving way for gains eyeing $2,000 soon.
- Ethereum open high open interest suggests that volatility could remain high amid the fear of missing out (FOMO).
Ethereum embraced an independent rally on Tuesday rising above the former January’s high at $1,350. The flagship smart contract token spiked to a new record high on some exchanges such as Coinbase to exchange hands at $1,146.
At the time of writing, ETH is pushing for another leg up after retreating to test the ascending channel’s middle boundary. Ether is doddering at $1,390 while the downside is strongly protected. On the upside, the goal is to rise above $1,400 and to allow bulls to shift the focus to $2,000.
The Relative Strength Index suggests that Ethereum is not oversold yet. Thus, there is room for growth, and perhaps an opportunity to rise to another record high. Moreover, the 50 Simple Moving Average’s ability to stay above the longer-term 100 SMA validates the bulls’ influence over the price.
ETH/USD 4-hour chart
Many analysts believe that this breakout could signal the beginning of an altseason. Meanwhile, the Ethereum futures’ open interest rose to levels never seen before, suggesting that investors are confident in the ongoing rally. Glassnode shows that the open interest shot up to $4.5 billion while posting $1.1 billion in open positions on the largest cryptocurrency exchange, Binance.
Ethereum futures open interest
The surge in open interest suggests that volatility is high and the uptrend may be sustainable due to forces from the fear of missing out (FOMO), especially now that Ethereum eyes $2,000 in the short term.
Spot rate: $1,397
Relative change: 30
Percentage change: 2.2%
- Cardano ($ADA) Reclaims Third Spot With 13% Price Jump, Here’s Why it Can Surge Further
- Evergrande Surges 27% Post Nationalization Rumors, Crypto Market Surge in Tandem
- Amid Strong Comeback Altcoins Add $100 Billion in 24 Hours, Ethereum (ETH) Above $3100
- Ripple, Solana Price Analysis: September 23, 2021
- Bitcoin Price Prediction: BTC Rolls Down The Runway Ahead Of Takeoff To $48,000
- QuadrigaCx Saga to be Featured as a Documentary on this Popular Streaming Service
- Gluwa Wallet and Aella Credit Collaboration Sees Over 1 Million Transactions on the Blockchain
- Canadian Securities Regulators Warn Crypto Firms of Misleading Ads. Here Are the Defined Dos and Don’ts
- Solrise Finance and Civic Technologies Launch First Permissioned DEX on Solana
- eToro Sets Eyes on Defi Market, Launches 11 Defi Assets Based Investment Portfolio