- BitMEX exchange announces a 300 percent increase to its spam order value.
- The latest increase will reduce the number of spams on the exchange, improving the exchange’s trading experience.
In an announcement released on its official Telegram page, Bitcoin futures exchange, BitMEX, announced an increase in the spam order threshold value. The minimum value of trade will be increased from 0.0025 BTC (~$23) to 0.01 BTC (~$94) starting at 04:00 UTC on 05 June 2020.
BitMEX will rename the orders that will be below the threshold as spam in a bid to “improve the trading experience on the exchange.” The official statement reads,
“After this change accounts with too many open orders with a value less than 0.01 XBT each will be labeled as a Spam Account (prior to the change, the value is 0.0025 XBT). This change is part of an ongoing effort to improve the quality of the tradable liquidity on the platform.”
So, what does having a spam order on BitMEX exchange mean?
Every order with a balance of less than 0.01 BTC as of June 5th will automatically become a ‘hidden order’. According to the BitMEX site, hidden orders do not show on the order book and will be required to pay the taker’s fees.
“Better Trading Services”
The spam order threshold aims to improve the overall trading experience on the exchange by reducing malicious traders’ efforts on the site. The exchange warns that having too many spam orders may result in having the account temporarily banned from the exchange.
BitMEX recently faced a couple of system crashes as the platform received an influx of orders on the exchange. The mega shut down on Mar. 12, followed by the more recent May 19 shut down are expected to be an uncommon occurrence heading into the future.
- Institutional Traders Are Shorting Bitcoin At Record Pace, Here’s Why
- Lido Shut Down Terra Support, Starts bLUNA And stLUNA Withdrawal
- This Whale Adds 787 More Bitcoins As Price Struggles
- After Vauld Suspends Withdrawals, These Crypto Exchanges Could Be Next
- Cardano’s Vasil Upgrade Goes Live On Testnet; When Will It Be Lauching On Mainnet?
- How Stable Is Tether? Data Shows USDT At Massive Liquidity Imbalance
- As BTC Plummets to $19,000, Elon Musk’s Tesla Reports $440 Million Impairment Losses
- British Army Regains Control Of Their Hacked Social Media Accounts Promoting Crypto Scams
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- THORChain Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Aim RUNE Price to Hit $3.4
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Cup & Handle Pattern Aims SAND to Reach $1.5
- AVAX Price Analysis: Breakout Rally Eyes $22.1 Mark; Buy Now?
- Cardano price Analysis: ADA Price Nearing Triangle Breakout Eyes $0.655
- Polygon Price Analysis: $0.45 Fallout could Plummet MATIC price by 25%
- ETH Price Analysis: Can $1000 Support Undermine Selling Momentum?
- BTC Price Analysis: Technical Indicator hints Upcoming recovery for Bitcoin
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%