In news just in, top crypto futures exchange, BitMEX, website, and API platform is down with the cause of the downtime announced to be due to maintenance. The exchange is facing a 500 Internal Server Error, which is very general HTTP status means that something has gone wrong with the server.
However, this unscheduled maintenance leaves a number of users on the platform aghast on what is happening on the exchange.
The top futures exchange is yet to find out the root cause of the downtime faced but has their team working on putting the exchange back online. The team release read,
“The Trading Engine is currently offline. We’re working to bring it back online as soon as possible. Further updates to follow shortly. We apologize for any inconvenience this may be causing. We are looking into the cause of this issue, and will be sharing an update as soon as possible. If you have any further questions, please contact us via https://www.bitmex.com/app/support/contact.”
The exchange recently faced a shutdown, on Mar. 12 during the collapse of BTC/USD price to $3,800 with a number of short investors claiming to have lost their investments.
A statement released on May 9, 2020, two days before the Bitcoin halving, the BitMEX team stated that users may face slower transactions on the platform as the miners adjust to the new revenue structure. However, this current failure is an internal failure that is quickly becoming a trend across exchanges with Coinbase also recently facing an hour-long system failure.
- Just In: Basel Committee Proposes Cap For Banks’ Bitcoin Holding
- Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Show Strength, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Singapore Financial Regulator Reprimands Three Arrows Capital
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- Bitcoin Prices Can Reach This Level By End Of 2022; Reveals Deutsche Bank
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- “People Mocking Saylor Will Regret”- Binance CEO
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?