The SEC Vs Ripple case is intensifying around Hinman’s speech. Recently, the court ordered SEC to provide additional documents for in camera review to justify their claim.
In a separate development in the case, the commission came forward to file its appeal to seal its response to the amici motion related to the Daubert challenge. The SEC claims that details that they want to seal have already been out in public by counsel, John Deaton.
SEC Objects To Seal Exhibit O
In a latest, the commission said it opposes Ripple’s application to seal Exhibit O to the SEC’s brief opposing the motion by six XRP investors. According to a letter shared by James Filan, the motion was to file brief regarding opinions of an SEC’s experts.
“The SEC has filed an objection to the Ripple Defendants’ Motion to Seal Exhibit O. This is in connection with amici’s request to participate in the SEC expert challenge.”
The SEC stated that the fact that a document makes a party look bad or hurts a party on the merits of the case is not a legally valid justification for sealing. It added that the court had already ruled in favor of this argument about the SEC Ripple document.
‘Bargained For Confidentiality’
The commission mentioned the court’s position on allowing to seal SEC Ripple documents. “The Court shall not permit sealing of documents merely because information contained therein is subject to a stipulated protective order. Because bargained for confidentiality does not overcome the presumption of access of judicial documents.”
The SEC Ripple case took prominence in the crypto space. In 2020, the SEC filed a lawsuit against Ripple and its members. The commission alleged that Ripple’s XRP token was a security and Ripple has traded XRP tokens worth over $1.3 billion. Ripple, dismissed the allegations stating that the trade was purely legal as XRP does not come under the securities.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26