The 3-day Consensus event of 2018 is coming on May 14 to discuss everything about blockchain and cryptocurrency. Hosted by Coindesk and having New York Economic Development Corporation as a co-host this time, the event boasts of leading industry names as attendees. Reflecting the 2017’s bullish trend triggered by the event, there is a high plausibility we are in for a change in the market sentiment.
Consensus event 2018: big names, high potential
Amidst the crypto market going red in the wake of advertising bans and government crackdowns, a major event, Consensus will be hosted by Coindesk from May 14, 2018, to May 16, 2018. Over 4,500 attendees are going to be a part of it including the big companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Procter & Gamble, and Siemens, huge investors like CME Ventures, banks such as AMRO, ABN, Scotiabank, and Citi, and accountancy firms like EY, KPMG, and PWC.
The event will be discussing all things blockchain and in extension cryptocurrencies. An event like Consensus provides the startups an opportunity to meet with the big players of different industries. These big names can turn the cryptocurrency market into the green.
In addition, this event is co-hosted with the Economic Development Corporation of New York City as the city aims to become the capital for blockchain as evident from the statement of city’s senior VP, Anthony Hogrebe:
“The goal is really to plant that flag and send a very clear message that we want to work with you, want to support you, and we ultimately want NYC to be the global capital for blockchain. We think there’s already a tremendous presence here in New York, but it’s also a nascent community. If we don’t plant a flag and make strategic investments, New York could lose that critical mass.”
2017 event triggered the bullish trend, will history repeat itself?
Retrospecting the effect of last year’s Consensus event, it certainly had a huge influence on the cryptocurrency market. The event of 2017 resulted in the gain of 26 percent in the total market cap in comparison to 2016’s small 2.7 percent. On the evening of the event, the bitcoin price surged to $2,000 and triggered the bull run of June.
Over the years, the event has become bigger as people realize the potential of crypto markets. From 2016’s 1,500 to 2017’s 2,700 attendees, this year the event is going to be much bigger with 4,500 attendees.
With 250+ speakers and 4,500 attendees willing to come together, the event has plausibility to bring trust and a bullish trend in the crypto market space. As the 2017’s Consensus event triggered a bullish trend in cryptocurrency, this event is going to bring positive sentiments to the market.
What are your views on this upcoming event? Do you think it will be able to trigger a bullish-trend? Share your thoughts with us!
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Football Clubs Look To Mine Cash Revenue With Crypto Offerings
- Fed Readying To Launch The US Crypto Policy? White House Directs Agencies To Prepare Report
- Here’s Why You Should NOT Yet Buy the Bitcoin Dip, Miner Capitulation Ahead?
- MicroStrategy (MSTR) Stock On Free Fall As SEC Rejects Its Bitcoin Accounting Strategy
- Second Consecutive Crash Day Extends Investor Loses Over $350 Billion, El Salvador Buys the Dip
- DeFi’s Liquidation Volume Hits $34.33 M ATH, The Highest Since Last year’s December
- Portugal opens First Physical Store for Buying and Selling of Bitcoin
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?