The 3-day Consensus event of 2018 is coming on May 14 to discuss everything about blockchain and cryptocurrency. Hosted by Coindesk and having New York Economic Development Corporation as a co-host this time, the event boasts of leading industry names as attendees. Reflecting the 2017’s bullish trend triggered by the event, there is a high plausibility we are in for a change in the market sentiment.
Consensus event 2018: big names, high potential
Amidst the crypto market going red in the wake of advertising bans and government crackdowns, a major event, Consensus will be hosted by Coindesk from May 14, 2018, to May 16, 2018. Over 4,500 attendees are going to be a part of it including the big companies such as Microsoft, IBM, Procter & Gamble, and Siemens, huge investors like CME Ventures, banks such as AMRO, ABN, Scotiabank, and Citi, and accountancy firms like EY, KPMG, and PWC.
The event will be discussing all things blockchain and in extension cryptocurrencies. An event like Consensus provides the startups an opportunity to meet with the big players of different industries. These big names can turn the cryptocurrency market into the green.
In addition, this event is co-hosted with the Economic Development Corporation of New York City as the city aims to become the capital for blockchain as evident from the statement of city’s senior VP, Anthony Hogrebe:
“The goal is really to plant that flag and send a very clear message that we want to work with you, want to support you, and we ultimately want NYC to be the global capital for blockchain. We think there’s already a tremendous presence here in New York, but it’s also a nascent community. If we don’t plant a flag and make strategic investments, New York could lose that critical mass.”
2017 event triggered the bullish trend, will history repeat itself?
Retrospecting the effect of last year’s Consensus event, it certainly had a huge influence on the cryptocurrency market. The event of 2017 resulted in the gain of 26 percent in the total market cap in comparison to 2016’s small 2.7 percent. On the evening of the event, the bitcoin price surged to $2,000 and triggered the bull run of June.
Over the years, the event has become bigger as people realize the potential of crypto markets. From 2016’s 1,500 to 2017’s 2,700 attendees, this year the event is going to be much bigger with 4,500 attendees.
With 250+ speakers and 4,500 attendees willing to come together, the event has plausibility to bring trust and a bullish trend in the crypto market space. As the 2017’s Consensus event triggered a bullish trend in cryptocurrency, this event is going to bring positive sentiments to the market.
What are your views on this upcoming event? Do you think it will be able to trigger a bullish-trend? Share your thoughts with us!
- Breaking: Binance Reportedly Under CFTC Investigation For Insider Trading
- S.Korea Crypto Crackdown: 60 Crypto Exchanges to Shut Down Due to This Reason
- Binance Plans to Revamp Regulatory Relations With Centralized Headquarters
- Breaking: Indian Crypto Exchange Eyes $2 Billion Valuation With a16z Backing
- Miami Becomes First City to Approve a Native Crypto, Here’s How It Would Be Used
- Ethereum Token Burn: Is there a Timeline to See its Impact on Price?
- XRP Price Analysis: XRP Consolidates Above $1 For The Longest Time In History, What’s Next?
- ETH Price Analysis: Can Ethereum Regain Supremacy Over Layer 2 Solution?
- Dopamine App Brings Vast Crypto Tracking Under One Roof
- Pooshi Coin is launching today! What you need to know