Bitcoin SV founder, Craig Wright has been presented with a trial before jury instead of sanctions. While Kleiman’s lawyers were eyeing sanctions for the self-proclaimed Satoshi Nakamoto, the judge suggested otherwise in a recent court order.
No Sanctions For Craig Wright
Self proclaimed Bitcoin creator, Craig Wright is a frequent member of the headlines. Wright has been in the news for claiming to be Satoshi Nakamoto and more recently his lawyers released documents that alleged Wright’s involvement with the infamous Mt.Gox hack. However, this time, Wright is making headlines following the Kleiman Bitcoin case.
The ‘Kleiman vs Wright’ case came into light after Ira Kleiman accused Wright of embezzling about 1.1 million Bitcoin that was previously mined by David Kleiman and Wright himself. While the case has been prolonging, the latest court order filed on 24 June 2020 revealed that the Plaintiffs accused Wright of misconduct that included, submission of forged evidence, perjurious testimony along with submission of lies and forgeries post-sanctions, all before the court.
Judge Beth Bloom of the United States District Court, upon on going through the Plaintiff’ [ Kleiman Estate] and Defendant’s [Wright] motions, suggested,
“[A]s Plaintiffs note, Defendant’s testimony has been glaringly inconsistent at numerous junctures. Defendant, however, stresses that he has been diagnosed as being on the autism spectrum, and thus his testimony needs to be evaluated in that light.”
Furthermore, while the Plaintiffs’ had requested the court to sanction Wright, judge Bloom suggested that the latest allegations against the Defendant were “…best suited for a jury to make as fact finder at trial, not for the Court to make.”
Despite his several inconsistent statements, Wright’s latest claim has pushed the judge towards a jury trail. The self-proclaimed Satoshi Nakamoto had even filed a motion seeking a licensed clinical psychologist. The trial will reportedly take place in two weeks.
As after this news hit the community, Bitcoin SV patron, Calvin Ayre tweeted about the same and even asserted that Wright would win all the cases. The tweet read,
Judge in Kleiman case kicked out all Kleiman and backers attempts to short circuit a trial on their weak case so Craig will get his day in court. Craig will win all his cases now.
— Calvin Ayre (@CalvinAyre) June 24, 2020
While Wright received immense support from the Bitcoin SV community, many others of crypto Twitter lashed out on the Bitcoin SV founder for convincing the judge that he was autistic.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?