The traction that Shiba Inu (SHIB), the second-largest memecoin, has gained has been getting all kinds of wanted and unwanted attention. Kaal Dhairya, a Shiba Inu developer, has warned that there are an increasing number of scam tokens trying to associate themselves with the viral memecoin.
Malicious tokens are trying to spoof Shiba Inu
According to Dhairya’s latest blogpost, there is currently a prominent token that is using a malicious smart contract to try to associate itself with Shiba Inu. Transactions posted by the token are being reflected as originating from a prominent Shiba Inu wallet named “Shiba Inu: Deployer.”
However, the transactions are in no way the real thing as they are being manipulated by the smart contract to appear that way. While noting that it could just be a marketing gimmick, it was highly risky to interact with such a token as it could most likely be a scam. He wrote:
All honest tokens emit the correct information as events, with the correct sender and recipient addresses. This contract, however, has crafted code specifically to emit malicious events… so that the token can associate itself with prominent wallets.
The developer added that market participants should only pay attention to Shiba Inu information from official channels.
Back in February, a similar Shiba Inu dog-themed token with a malicious smart contract was also identified to be a scam. At the time, blockchain security firm Peckshield stated that the token named ShibaTron was a honeypot scam. Investors could buy the token but would face restrictions when they try to sell or transfer the tokens.
Shiba Inu ecosystem continues to speed towards the metaverse
This has not been the first time Shiba Inu developers have been on the lookout for the safety of the SHIBArmy. Last year, the team advised market participants to be wary of purported SHIB giveaways across all social media platforms.
Meanwhile, the Shiba Inu ecosystem is not slowing down in building its metaverse. A recent update revealed that the third stage of land sales in the SHIB: the metaverse project was drawing close. The stage, which will finally open bidding for the virtual plots, will commence shortly after the HOLDERS event.
Mood : Looking 👀 for some nice plots during the HOLDER EVENT, as PUBLIC SALE approaches for @ShibTheMV, how exciting!
— Shib (@Shibtoken) April 21, 2022
The price of SHIB is currently around $0.0000242, down 1.5% in the last 24 hours. The token is also down 6.46% month to date.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?