JK Rowling irked Crypto Twitter by a possibly drunk text (Old Fashioned!). She is now overwhelmed by the response and probably rues that she did. She attempted to learn about Bitcoin and within hours tweeted this,
This started as a joke, but now I’m afraid I’ll never be able to log in to Twitter again without someone getting angry I don’t own Bitcoin. One day you’ll see a wizened old woman in the street, trying to trade a Harry Potter book for a potato. Be kind. She did try to understand.
With over 14.6 million, the famed author Harry Potter was possibly having fun with her friends or just experimenting with the new fad. However, looks like she failed to understand or trust it in the end. Reportedly, in hours she received over 1300 responses, and the number keeps on growing by the minute.
Nevertheless, there was a sliver lining to it as well. As she saw crypto twitter trying to find analogies with trains, alcohol, gold, and numerous other scenarios, Elon Musk batted for CT and Bitcoin. His reply comes as a dream for the Bitcoiners. He tweeted,
Pretty much, although massive currency issuance by govt central banks is making Bitcoin Internet ? money look solid by comparison
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) May 15, 2020
Before speculation around his Bitcoin holdings began, he stated that outright as well. He tweeted,
I still only own 0.25 Bitcoins btw
So, is Musk bullish on Bitcoin?
Probably is, at least more bullish than the US Dollar. Moreover, the more important thing here is that Bitcoin is becoming widely pervasive, and people are paying more attention to it than ever. As it crawls back up to $10,000 and with the four-year halving event, more people are yearning to learn about it.
The google trends data for the term ‘Bitcoin’ is seeing witnessing an uptrend since the coronovirus crash. Last years, the massive increase from $4000 to $14,000 got the internet excited about it.
Google Trend for ‘Bitcoin’While the interest is minuscule compared to the time of the crypto bubble of 2017, there is a strong correlation with the attention given by the media as well.
There are very few outside the industry who’d understand ‘halving’ completely in the first go. Yet, the search and speculation around it has been tremendous lately. Moreover, the current global economic back-drop is just right for it as well. With the expansion in the Feds’ debt balance sheet by $7 trillion since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, any sane person is having doubts about the future.
Moreover, while the US dollar enjoys global demand as a reserve currency, other FIAT currencies are likely to face even stronger problems. Of course, Bitcoin cannot solve everything it by waving a magic wand. Nevertheless, when corrupt regimes fall, the internet money might offer refuge to the liberators and innovators.
Do you believe in the ‘Bitcoin story’? Please share your views with us.
- BNBPeach Simplifying High Yield Farming
- ETH/BTC Pair Hits New 3-Year High, Here’s How it Can Impact Ether Price
- Indian Trade Association CII Recommends “Special Class Securities” For Crypto
- 7 Reasons Why The Bitcoin and Crypto Bull Run Will Stretch Well Into 2022
- Bitcoin (BTC) Dominance Falls Lowest Since Feb 2018, Here’s How Altcoins can Benefit
- XRP Lawsuit: The DPP Dispute is Back, Here’s How It May Ravage Ripple’s Former Win
- Former OCC Chief Says the U.S. Is “Unquestionably behind the curve” in Fostering Crypto Growth
- CBDC India: RBI Governor Compares Digital Fraud to Fake Indian Currency Notes
- World’s Top Venture Capital Firm Sequoia Capital Hints at DAO Integration
- Google Trends Data: ‘Dogecoin’ and ‘Ethereum Price‘ Amongst Top 10 Most Searched News
- Tron Price Analysis: The TRX Coin Preparing For The Recovery Phase With Eyes On The $0.123 Mark
- Chainlink Price Analysis: The LINK Token Hints At A Bear Trap In Its Technical Chart
- Polkadot Price Analysis: The DOT Coin Shows Buying Pressure Below 0.618 FIB Level; Will This End its Correction Phase?
- XRP, Terra and NEM Price Analysis: 08 December
- Filecoin, EOS and Litecoin Price Analysis: 08 December
- Tezos Price Prediction: XTZ Is Up 35% To 5.5% As Bulls Aim For $7.0
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Back Above $50K As Market Recovery Begins
- BSV Price Analysis: The BSV Coin Prepares For Its Next Big Move Resonating Inside A Definite Range
- AVAX Price Analysis: The Coin Price Has Discounted 35% In This Correction Phase; Is This a Fair Value For AVAX?
- Ethereum, Harmony and Spell Token Price Analysis: 07 December