As reported by Reuters on Monday, and just like many other economies of the world are currently doing, Israel may have also started advancing its plans regarding its own Central Bank-issued Digital Currency (CBDC) too.
Israel Committed To Advanced Technological Knowledge — Amir Yaron
According to the reports, the Governor of the Bank of Israel (BOI), Amir Yaron stated on Monday that at the moment, the BOI is yet to arrive at a decision regarding the issuance of the digital shekels. However, the bank remains focused and devoted to technological advancement and economic development.
Israel has been expressing its interest in CBDC since early 2021. In fact, back in May, the country revealed that it had started considering the Ethereum blockchain for its own CBDC, and was sure that the digital shekels would go a long way in improving the country’s economy.
Today Yaron also shared his beliefs that the usually cumbersome payment system can be streamlined and made even more efficient through the CBDC.
What Is CBDC All About?
A CBDC is just an electronic form or say, a digital version of central bank paper currency (like the Israeli shekel or the British pound). Now, even though some CBDCs are backed by blockchain technology — the same technology behind cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, they are not the same.
CBDCs are usually categorized into two main types: the retail and interbank. While the retail CBDC can be in the direct possession of any citizen as a digital form of cash to complement one’s paper money, the interbank CBDC can only be used by institutions for interbank payments other transactions between them.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?