Ethereum price trades in a very tight range with no clear directional bias on Saturday, although bias remains negative. The ETH buyers struggle to sustain the gains at higher levels. However, the downside seems to be capped near $1,900, which makes it a vital support level in the current situation. The relief rally bought back the crypto above the $2,000 mark following the massive sell-off. Still, the downside pressure remained intact in the asset.
- ETH price looks pessimistic on all time-frame as it still trades below $2,000.
- The price managed to bounce back after testing a 10-month low on Thursday.
- However, the downward channel on the weekly chart suggests the crypto is not out of woods yet.
ETH price seeks sign for reversal
ETH price traded in a downward trend since November with a drop of 65% as it made record highs at $4,867.81. Since then, the price moved inside the downside parallel channel with the classic Lower low and lower high formation. Before breaking the long-term horizontal zone placed at around $2,500, the price tested it thrice, making it a crucial level to hold for investors.
The price broke the level this week and locked the loss of more than 20%. Further ETH approaches the critical 200-day EMA (Exponential Moving Average) at $1,625.13. This indicates the underlying bearish current in the asset.
However, as per the parallel channel formation, the price should bounce back toward $2,500. Again, an extended buying would force it to reclaim $2,900. Before turning negative once gain.
On the flip side, a spike in sell orders could drag the price lower to test $1,700.
On the weekly chart, the relative strength index (RSI) fell below the average line on April 24. Another oscillator, the moving average convergence divergence holds into the oversold zone with negative bias.
As of publication time, ETH/USD reads at $1,967, down 1.91%% for the day.
- Will DeFi Giant Lido Support The Terra Reboot?
- Sandbox (SAND) Jumps 16% Ahead Of Listing On This Top Exchange
- Is Do Kwon’s Terra Recovery Plan Part Of A “Kill Switch” Protocol?
- This Top-50 Crypto Jumped 28% This Week Despite A Market Crash
- Goldman Sachs: Crypto Drawdown Will Have Little Impact on U.S. Economy
- Just-In: Ethereum Merge Most Likely In August, Says Vitalik Buterin
- Beware, Bitcoin Jumping Back Above $30,000 Could Be A Dead Cat Bounce, Here’s why
- Terra Ecosystem Announces Some Key Amendments to Its Revival Plan
- Breaking: Stablecoin Tether ($USDT) Reveals Reserves Fully Backed In New Report
- LUNA Crash: Blockchain Firm Losses $3.5 Billion As Terra (LUNA) Crumbles
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS
- Polkadot Price Analysis: Bull Trap May Drag DOT Price To $7.3 Mark
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000