El Salvador President Nayib Bukele has replied popular U.S-born Economist Steve Hanke for his recent comments about Salvador’s proposed Bitcoin City.
President Nayib Bukele Mocks Popular U.S Critic
On Friday, the 79-year old professor of applied economics at Johns Hopkins University had taken to his official Twitter page to comment on the Bukele-led government’s plans to create a Bitcoin city, claiming that the power source being advertised for the city is an “inactive volcano”. He wrote:
“[email protected]’s proposed Bitcoin City is as prepared as Florida is for snow. The advertised power source for the City is an inactive volcano. This is just more attention-grabbing antics from a narcissistic president who is full of hot air.”
However, Hanke’s commentary did not meet Bukele well, and the president has since responded, albeit in a mocking manner. President Nayib Bukele, obviously unimpressed, quoted Hanke’s tweet and highlighted the economist’s lack of knowledge regarding the matter. Bukele tweeted some questions to Hanke in response.
Although admitting it is an active volcano in the advert, president Bukele then asked sarcastically how it would be possible to build a city right beneath an active volcano.
Just Like Old Times
Interestingly, this is not the first time these two are publicly having a go at themselves.
Recall October 15, on the day the price of Bitcoin (BTC) surpassed the $60,000 mark. At the time, President Nayib Bukele taunted the professor of applied economics Steve Hanke, over his warning statements before that period.
Hanke had earlier warned that El Salvador was looking at an impending “financial ruin” with “Bukele at the helm”. Those statements came right after El Salvador’s president bought the bitcoin dip when the price was down at the time.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?