Recent data shows Shiba Inu and Cardano are held for the longest time by cryptocurrency traders, with SHIB averaging 120 days.
The year 2021 saw a huge storm of meme coins getting into the cryptocurrency market. Somehow only a few meme tokens have managed to maintain their stand in the market. Out of those meme coins the Shiba Inu (SHIB) emerged as the most viewed coin of 2021 beating the king of the cryptocurrency, Bitcoin (BTC).
Shiba Inu has holding time of 120 days
Data from Coinbase, America’s largest cryptocurrency platform, suggests that Shiba Inu token is one of the longest held cryptocurrencies by the users, news publication IBT reported.
According to the data, Shiba Inu has a holding time of 120 days beating its so called competitor Dogecoin. On the other hand, the biggest meme cryptocurrency DOGE has a hold time of 80 days. However, the largest and second largest cryptocurrencies, Bitcoin and Ethereum have a hold time of 115 and 87 days, respectively. Among the top 10 tokens by market capitalisation, Avalanche has the lowest hold time of just 36 days.
Meanwhile, Cardano (ADA) has recorded the longest hold time of 121 days. ADA token has seen a plunge of over 30% in the last 30 days. Still, it has managed to stay on the list of top 10 cryptocurrencies with a market capitalization of $28.6 Billion.
Whales accumulation confirms this theory
According to Coinbase, a Long holding time is a signal of an accumulation trend in the market. However, a short holding time will suggest an increased movement of the tokens among the wallet. As per reports, Shiba has incredibly improved its holding span over time. SHIB had a hold time of 51 days at the beginning of 2022.
The biggest of the Ethereum (ETH) whale gives a complete validation to this trend. Top ETH wallets have been accumulating the SHIB token for a very long time. Recently, a whale named “BlueWhale0073” added over $2.3 million worth of Shiba Inu tokens. However, SHIB token is the largest coin held by the top 100 ETH whales. They hold more than $1 billion worth of Shiba Inu tokens.
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Just-In: PlanB Reveals Bitcoin S2F Prediction For 2024 Halving
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Just-In: Indian Central Bank Head Bashes Crypto After Latest Crash
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?