Tron (TRX), the native token on the namesake blockchain vastly outperformed a crypto market crash in the past 24 hours, amid hype over a new stablecoin.
The main reason behind the token’s rally was the purchase of about 504.6 million TRX by Tron’s new stablecoin reserve. The purchase happened on the open market, and as such, was inflationary for the token.
TRX is up about 6% in the past 24 hours, at $0.08443. In comparison, the crypto market sank 0.7% in the same period.
Tron buys more TRX to support new stablecoin
The TRON DAO Reserve– which backs the new stablecoin USDD- said it bought $38.99 million worth of 504.6 million TRX tokens. It mentioned that they have taken this step in order to safeguard the overall blockchain industry and crypto market.
Tron’s recently launched stablecoin USDD has surpassed the total circulating supply of $200 million. The USDD token has managed to reach this milestone in just 48 hours. It 24 hours trading volume surged by 30% to $18.2 million.
A bulk of this adoption seems to be driven by USDD’s 30% yield- the highest offered by any stablecoin on the market.
Tron Dao Reserve said that due to the rapid adoption of USDD the network will be approving 1 Billion more tokens in the next 10 days. However, it also informed that getting the allowance doesn’t assure the issuance or circulation of the token. Meanwhile. USDD’s total market capitalization has jumped 58% in the last 24 hours
TRX is up by 30% in last 7 days
Justin Sun’s recent announcements and launch of the USDD stablecoin have helped the TRX token to surge amid the recent crypto market crash. TRX’s price has skyrocketed by almost 30% in the past 7 days, while when the largest cryptocurrency Bitcoin (BTC) has tumbled by over 7%. Meanwhile, TRX’s 24 hour volume is up by over 20% to $3.6 Billion. According to CoinMarketCap, TRX is the 18th largest token with a total market capitalization of $8.36 billion.
Meanwhile, the Whale Alert has reported that in multiple transactions whales have moved TRX tokens from Binance to the different unknown wallets. In the past 24 hours, more than $96.4 million worth of TRX tokens have been moved. There are 4 different transactions recorded above $14 million. While the biggest transaction record has been over of $15.4 million.
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- Heavy Outflows Force Investors to Seek Refuge In Multi-crypto Investment Products
- PlanB: When Will Bitcoin (BTC) Price Cross $500K?
- Case Study: P2E Gaming Projects Tackling The Barriers To Web3 Mass Adoption
- Just-In: Indian Central Bank Head Bashes Crypto After Latest Crash
- This Top Crypto Exchange Offers To Support Burning Terra (LUNA)
- The Boss Cat Rocket Club – Space Bound Cats Living On The Blockchain
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?