In his fresh attack on the newly launched Filecoin platform, TRON’s Justin Sun has accused the Filecoin team of pulling an exit scam. In his latest tweet, Justin Sun notes that the Filecoin team sold 1.5 million native FIL tokens at a high price of USD 200. Besides, he also goes to mention that Filecoin sold this huge number of FIL without any consent from the community.
Exit scam here? 1.5 million $FIL for 200 USD each worth 300 million USD at the high. Now price is below 60 USD. 70% down. No lock-up. No announcement to the community. How much do you sell? @juanbenet @Filecoin Is this ok? @VitalikButerin @SEC_Enforcement https://t.co/qYqJzgolyX pic.twitter.com/hGpMvDxSMO
— Justin Sun???? (@justinsuntron) October 16, 2020
In his tweet, Justin Sun also goes to provide the proof with one of the Filecoin founder’s accounts. The screenshot attached shows that the founder received 1.5 million FIL on October 15, the same date when Filecoin mainnet went live. However, the screenshot states that founder immediately transferred 800,000 FIL tokens to the Huobi exchange. As per Sun, this was the major reason behind FIL’s price drop.
Since the launch, FIL has already corrected more than 50% from its high of $116. Moreover, the cryptocurrency that created massive buzz looks under selling pressure at present. At press time, FIL is trading at $54.7 with a market cap of $827 million.
The controversial TRON CEO has now asked investors to knock at the door of the SEC and hold the Filecoin founder responsible for the mess. Although Sun has attached a few screenshots claiming as the proof of selling, we are not sure as to how he came at the $200 price.
The crypto community at present remains divided on Sun’s comments. However, we are waiting for any official update from Filecoin on this matter on what it has to say.
Filecoin (FIL) Makes A Pretty Solid Start
On Thursday, October 15, Filecoin announced its mainnet launch with its native FIL cryptocurrency available for trading. The listing price was straight above $100 making FIL the fastest cryptocurrency to hit a $1 billion market cap.
Filecoin is a decentralized file storage and sharing platform. It allows users to buy and sell unused storage space using its native crypto FIL. But unlike cloud platforms that have a dedicated data center, Filecoin encrypts and hosts tiny pieces of files across its global network.
Filecoin has gained a lot of attention in the cryptosphere with the unique value-proposition of decentralized file sharing. It garnered much excitement in the crypto community even after launching three years after its ICO. May be, Justin Sun sees it as a direct competition to BitTorrent.
- Breaking: Twitter Integrates NFT Profile Pictures and Crypto Wallets On IOS
- El Salvador wants to give small businesses access to Bitcoin-backed loans
- Meta and Instagram To Allow Users To Create, Display And Sell NFTs
- Breaking: Bank of Russia Calls for Full Ban on Cryptocurrency
- Will Turkey Follow El Salvador to Legalize Bitcoin (BTC) Tender?
- Breaking: Andreessen Horowitz Seeks $4.5B For New Crypto Investments
- Meme Coin Update: BabyDoge Coin Crosses $1.6B Marketcap And 1.3M Holders
- Microsoft’s Activision Acquisition Bullish for SHIB Community- Shiba Inu Spokesperson
- GBTC Share Price Tanks As the Bitcoin Fund Trades At Record Discount
- Terra Ecosystem Announces the LUNA Foundation Guard (LFG) to Boost Growth, LUNA Up 4%
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?