Cardano (ADA) extended its weekly gans to 44% today after registering a new 12-week high of $1.99. The fourth-largest cryptocurrency has been on a song since the launch of the Alonzo Purple upgrade. The Alonzo Purple upgrade would be followed by smart contract integration on the network that would allow Cardano to host Dapps and compete against the likes of Polkadot and Ethereum.
The smart contract integration could act as a catalyst for ADA price quite similar to what London Hardfork did for Ethereum. ADA price jumped from a daily low of $1.68 to record a new two-month high of $1.99, just short of the $2 mark. Once it gets into the $2.0 price zone, the ATH of $2.46 is just a couple of rallies away.
Cardano (ADA) is Just a Rally Away From ATH
The altcoin broke past the key resistance of $1.90 and currently flirting with the $2 mark, and once it manages to get past that, it could post a new ATH very soon and just in time for the smart contract launch. It is less than 20% short of its ATH that could come in a matter of one rally if it continues its current bullish momentum.
ADA’s price rise helped its market cap move ahead of Tether’s USDT and become the fourth-largest cryptocurrency. The next bullish price burst for the altcoin could also make it their largest cryptocurrency ahead of Binance Coin (BNB). The price rise also comes in the wake of founder Charles Hoskinson announcing the final date for the Alonzo upgrade.
In a Tuesday update, Hoskinson has said that the Alonzo update is imminent and he will reveal the actual date of the upgrade on Friday. Many believe the price could be moving in that anticipation too. Hoskinson also took a jab against Polymarket, who had bet against Cardano’s timely smart contract integration.
Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon NetworkAltcoin News
Should we make them donate to nambla? https://t.co/idLEChOy5N
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) August 11, 2021
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why