On Monday, October 5, Switcheo announced the launch of its new decentralized exchange Zilswap, powered by the Zilliqa blockchain network. The fully on-chain Zilswap DEX will help Zilliqa to set its footing is the rapidly growing decentralized finance (DeFi) market.
Similar to Uniswap, the Zilswap DEX also uses an automated market maker (AMM) built atop the permissionless liquidity protocol. This will allow users to trade the native ZIL tokens directly on the blockchain through their wallets. Besides, they can also be the liquidity providers by adding the ZIL tokens to the liquidity pools and earn rewards.
Become a liquidity provider on #ZilSwap & get rewarded in fees! ????
Here's a short guide on how to add & remove liquidity from the pool at anytime ⬇️
⚡️Prior to becoming an LP, you should clearly understand impermanent loss, read about it here: https://t.co/FdvMbcgh1O ⚡️
— Zilliqa (@zilliqa) October 5, 2020
The Zilswap DEX launch unlocks the opportunity for Zilliqa users to trade digital assets for the first time on the platform. The Singapore-based blockchain platform has also partnered with financial service provider Xfers. Together, they also announced the world’s first travel-compliant stablecoin $XSGC, pegged 1:1 with the Singapore Dollar (SSGD), and powered by the Zilliqa blockchain.
— Zilliqa (@zilliqa) October 5, 2020
Launching the First Token-Pool ZIL-XSGD
The Zilswap decentralized exchange also announced the launch of its first toke pool ZIL-XSGD. This will allow users to quickly buy/sell ZIL using the SGD-backed stablecoin. Thus, users of both ZIL and XSGD can serve as liquidity providers on Zilswap and earn passive income.
Switcheo also announced further development for the Zilswap platform. It plans to launch the ZRC-2 governance token for Zilswap in near future. Switcheo said:
“Moving forward, Zilswap will transition control of Zilswap to a DAO controlled by ownership of the governance token. Parameters such as protocol fees will be under the purview of this DAO. Governance tokens will be issued to liquidity providers and users of the Zilswap platform”.
The next project in the pipeline for Q4 is integrating the Zilliqa ecosystem with the Switcheo TradeHub. “The next phase will involve connecting the Zilliqa token ecosystem with Switcheo’s TradeHub. This will include the ERC20<>ZRC2 token bridge coming up in late Q4,” tweeted Zilliqa.
The Zilliqa blockchain facilitates developers to build high-performance enterprise-grade applications. The public blockchain addresses all limitations in scalability while enabling real-world applications. The Zilliqa blockchain has a shared architecture with smart contracts written in the Scilla programming language.
Soon after the announcement, the price of ZIL tokens jumped 10%. At press time, ZIL is trading $0.020 with a market cap of $235 million.
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Elon Musk Shamed After DogeBonk Took The ‘Moon Mission’ Challenge To The SpaceX Factory
- Cardano (ADA) Price Rises By 30% Last Week, Transactions Volume in last 24 hrs Surpasses $5 Billion
- Cardano (ADA) Dodges Broader Market Correction With Another 8% Gains
- MultiChain users at risk of Getting Hacked, as Six Cross-Chain Tokens Experiences Vulnerability
- ‘Ripple is giving SEC more Trouble than Anyone in Crypto’ Attorney Chervinsky
- OpenSea Sets New ATH For Monthly Trading Volume, Surpasses $3.5B in ETH
- Malaysian Converts Selfies Into NFTs, Becomes Millionaire In Just 5 Days
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?