Grayscale Crypto Trust Fund tops $6 billion in AUM (Asset Under Management). Bitcoin [BTC] accounts for $5 billion (83.33%) of the total assets. The AUM under the Ethereum Fund is 876.6 M, accounting for nearly 14.6% of the asset at Grayscale. The update from Arcane Research on Grayscale LLC.’s AUM point towards a high institutional interest in these assets.
On Tuesday, Grayscale LLC. added support for Litecoin [LTC] and Bitcoin Cash [BCH] to the list of it’s Crypto Trust Fund .Grayscale’s list of digital assets currently includes 9 cryptocurrencies along with a large-cap fund.
High Premiums With Bitcoin
The premium on these crypto-assets is further indicative of the bullishness in the market. GBTC premium over the NAV has been ranging between 7% and 40%; currently over 23%.
The premium on the NAV for Litecoin [LTC] and Bitcoin Cash [BCH] is quite high.
The premium of LTCN is at a whopping 753%… The current premium of BCHG is at 351%.
The premium for Litecoin is soaring above BCH reflecting a higher buying pressure for LTC. However, the total AUM for Bitcoin Cash [BCH] is more than the AUM for Litecoin [LTC]. Its been only two days since the launch of these two products and the excessive premium is expected to normalize. Nevertheless, the update also notes that the premium for ETHE is over 90% and was as high as 800% in June.
The premium on these products, however, are indicative of another incentive driving the interest in these assets. The high premium attracts institutions looking to benefit from the difference in the rate of loaning undercollateralized crypto compared to the premium rates. The premium rates of GBTC fell around mid-July as the lock-in period expired. It is expected to occur again around October 2021. These premiums are also expected to drop post the launch of Bitcoin ETFs.
How long do you think before the SEC approves a Bitcoin ETF? Please share your views with us.
- Breaking: Valkyrie Planning To List Bitcoin Mining ETF On NASDAQ
- Just-In: OpenSea Reportedly Planning to Integrate Solana And Phantom Wallet
- Can Bitcoin’s Price Hit $1 Million? Ark Invest Is Confident It Can Happen In 2030
- DappRadar: Strong Possibility of DeFi Shakeout In 2022 Amid Crypto User Exodus
- YouTube’s Head of Gaming Joins Polygon Studios, CEO Praises NFT and Crypto
- Bitcoin And Ethereum Sell Off Nearing An End- CNBC Host Jim Cramer
- Crypto News: Thailand To Regulate Cryptocurrencies As Means of Payment
- YouTube’s CEO Hints That NFTs Might Be Coming To The Video Sharing App
- Will McDonald’s Accept Dogecoin Following Elon Musk’s Challenge?
- Bitcoin’s Positive Correlation With The Stock Market Index Records A Mild Increase
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?