The Luna Foundation Guard has once again come forward announcing some key measures to safeguard the Bitcoin peg for its native UST stablecoin.
Last weekend turned out to be a major nightmare for Terra (LUNA) investors and all participants of the ecosystems. In what seemed like a coordinated attack on the Terra-Luna-UST ecosystem a single player dumped a massive 285m UST resulting in massive shorts on LUNA.
As a result, the circulating supply of LUNA jumped by nearly 1 million in a single day reaching 91.357 million. Thus, the LUNA price collapsed by nearly 20% moving under $60. However, it has partially recovered and is currently trading at $63.54.
In its recent post, the Luna Foundation Guard writes that the macro conditions have resulted in major price volatility and thus, it becomes prudent to prepare for potential future volatility.
Luna Foundation Guard Taking Some Key Measures
To protect the UST peg, the LFG Council has voted to execute some key measures. It includes:
- Loan $750M worth of BTC to OTC trading firms to help protect the UST peg.
- Loan 750M UST to accumulate BTC as market conditions normalize.
LFG notes that the traders will trade the capital on both sides of the market to accomplish the above two points. This will help to maintain the parity of LFG’s Bitcoin reserve pool as the market conditions continue to stabilize. The Lunda Foundation Guard explains:
Per the LFG’s mandate, the LFG will proactively defend the stability of the $UST peg & broader Terra economy, especially under volatility and the uncertainty of macro conditions in legacy markets.
Terraform Labs has pledged to acquire $10 billion worth of Bitcoins as a reserve for its UST stablecoin. Last week, it acquired an additional $1.5 billion worth of Bitcoins. So far Terraform Labs has acquired $3.5 billion BTC.
It plans to complete the $10 billion BTC acquisition by the end of the third quarter of 2022. Despite Sunday’s attack, the UST stablecoin continues to maintain its position among the top ten cryptocurrencies.
- Hard Fork Vs Genesis Chain: Terra Team Clears Air Around Debate
- Prominent Investment Officer Predicts More Downside For Bitcoin Price, Here’s Why
- Investors Move $141 Million Out Of Crypto: CoinShares Report
- Just In: S. Korea Police Seek To Guard LUNA Assets
- Incoming Shiba Inu Rally? Over 22 Billion SHIB Tokens Burned Across 497 Transactions
- French Luxury Brand Balenciaga To Accept Crypto Payments In U.S.
- PayPal May Soon Accept All Forms Of Crypto Reveals Vice-President
- Crypto Analyst Predicts What Will Kickstart Next Bitcoin Bull Run
- Just-In: South Korea May Sue Crypto Exchanges Over Terra Crash
- Breaking: S. Korean Exchanges Redflag Litecoin Mimblewimble Update; May Delist LTC
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Solana Price Prediction 2022: Bulls to drive SOL Price to new Highs?
- Theta Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Insights into the crucial Reversal levels
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?