BTC price traded with a cautious tone as the sell-off cools off on Saturday. It seems the sellers look exhausted, as the price manages to reclaim $36,000. In a broader crypto market selling spree, ETH is down nearly 6% as compared to a decline of 8% in BTC.
- BTC sell-off stabilizes and trades flat on Saturday; locks 8% losses on weekly basis.
- More downside is expected in the price breaks below $35,000 this week.
- A bounce-back looks diminished as the sell-side volume deepens.
As of publication time, BTC/USD is exchanging hands at $35,979.07, down 0.08% for the day. According to the Coinmarketcap, the pioneer crypto coin is sustaining a 24-hour trading volume of $34,647,973,885.
BTC price struggles to hold the support zone
On the weekly chart, the BTC price is under the medium-term downtrend, although since the beginning of the New Year it consolidate in a short-term trading range of $48,000 and $36,000, with few hiccups in between. In addition to that, the 50-day ema (Exponential Moving Average) plays a crucial role in deciding the trend for investors.
In July BTC pierced the moving average and recorded a jump toward record highs. Further, as soon the price sliced 50-day ema, it tested swing lows extending from $32,000 to $35,000.
The breakage of the bullish slopping line would invalidate any bullish argument for the asset so far. A weekly close below $35, 0000 would trigger a key level to amplify selling towards $26,000.
On the flip side, Now as we can see the formation of higher lows since the week ended on July 19 suggests it could be the time for a technical bounce back. If that comes true then BTC price would attempt to take out the $42,000 in the coming few sessions if not immediately.
RSI: The relative strength index (RSI) trades below-average line at 37.47, which indicates an extension of a downswing in the price.
Volume oscillator: The upside tick rules out in the favor of bears.
- G7 Countries to Discuss Crypto Assets This Week After Recent Terra Ecosystem Collapse
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark