Crypto exchange OKX on Tuesday said it will launch a new type of custody account to grant users more control over their funds and avoid risks.
The “sub-accounts” are aimed primarily at token foundations and high-value investors, and will offer holders a slew of more risk management features, including permission controls for withdrawals and a kill switch function.
The launch comes in the wake of the Three Arrows Capital (3AC) meltdown, during which the hedge fund allegedly used customer funds to meet its margin calls. OKX assured investors it would not resort to such practices.
Custody accounts are typically used by big project teams and investors with a huge net worth. This is because they normally involve third parties in advisory or trading boards responsible for their financial management.
Lesson from the 3AC Incident
OKX has stated in their announcement that these new managed sub accounts are introduced to tackle the issues that were highlighted after the losses incurred by Three Arrows Capital.
These accounts are intended to reduce the systematic risks that are present in the hedge fund investments.
3AC faces a major insolvency risk after a drop in the value of its collateral assets exposed it to a string of liquidations. This came after the hedge fund logged big losses on its investment in Terra, which imploded in May.
OKX Adds USDC support
OKX also announced that it will launch a USDC trading market with several spot pairs of the token.
Circle’s USDC has seen increased adoption this year, amid growing uncertainty over popular stablecoin USDT. The former logged a 1000% jump in value since last year, and is poised to overtake USDT in 2022.
According to coinmarketcap’s data, USDC’s market cap is more than $55 billion. Its total trading volume, at the press time is more than $5 billion.
- Breaking: No VAT On Cryptocurrency Issuers In Russia, Details
- Just In: Robinhood Lists Chainlink (LINK); Price Up By 5%
- Just In: USDC Parent Inks Major Pact With New York Bank
- Here’s Why Dogecoin (DOGE), Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices Tumbled
- This Is Why Ethereum (ETH) Recovered Sharply From Below $1K
- Top Binance Exec To Keep Buying Bitcoin, But There’s A Catch
- Expert Sees Fed Reversing Interest Rate Hikes, How Will It Affect Crypto?
- New Bullish Cycle Likely After Bitcoin Reaches This Level, Stats Show
- Cardano (ADA) Sees Big Drop In Interest, But Is Likely Primed For A Rally
- Digital Asset Investment Products Saw Net Outflows of USD 423 Million Last Week, Sell on Rise?
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- Dogecoin Price Analysis: DOGE Winning Streak Aims to Reclaim $0.077
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Reversal Pattern Sets 21% Rise in APE Price
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Will ETH Relief Rally Revert From $1300?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- Higher Price Rejection Hints BTC to Retest $20000