Ethereum-based NFT marketplace OpenSea has recently secured a staggering $300 million in Series C funding at a staggering $13.3 billion valuations. The latest announcement came on Tuesday, January 4, as OpenSea said that this investment will help them in improving customer and community experiences.
The recent funding round was led by Paradigm and Coatue along with participation from some existing investors. OpenSea is planning to use this investment across four key areas.
- Accelerating Product Development
- Significantly improving customer support and safety
- Investing in wider NFT and Web 3 communities
- Growing the team
Shiva Rajaraman, who recently joined OpenSea from Meta will be leading some of these major initiatives at the platform. Speaking of this development, David Fenzer, CEO and co-founder of OpenSea stated:
We’re focused on lowering the barriers to entry for NFTs by introducing features and simplified flows that abstract away the complexity of the blockchain. We’re also accelerating our multi-chain support and prioritizing improvements to help people discover, manage, and showcase their NFTs with better tools, analytics, and presentation.
OpenSea Facing Security Issues
Being the world’s largest NFT marketplace, OpenSea really needs to focus on some of the security issues on the platform. In one of the recent events, the hackers managed to steal 15 of the popular Bored Ape NFTs from the OpenSea platform.
All these NFTs combined were worth a staggering $2.2 million. Although the OpenSea marketplace immediately suspended the buying and selling of these NFTs, it still shows the vulnerability of the platform to external attacks.
But despite all these anomalies, OpenSea still remains one of the favorite marketplaces for trading NFTs. Last weekend on January 2, OpenSea clocked the highest ever single-day trading volumes of $240 million. In the last month of December 2021, the world’s largest NFT marketplace also registered the highest-ever trading volume at $3 billion. OpenSea is quite ahead of its competitors at this point and this new funding will help the platform gain a further edge.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?