The world is less than a week into the new year, but traders on NFTs trading platform, OpenSea have already started getting the job done.
OpenSea Starts the Year Strongly
According to available data, the platform’s trading volume has recorded a significant rise since the first day of the year.
To be precise, over the last three days, the platform has recorded more than $700 million in sales. This figure places it in line for an unprecedented month in sales volume.
On January 2nd, opensea's trading volume was as high as 240 million U.S. dollars, a record high. The trading volume in December again exceeded US$3 billion. The main reason is the popularity of BAYC & MAYC again.
— Wu Blockchain (@WuBlockchain) January 3, 2022
A market review indicates that this surge in trading might not be unrelated to the renewed speculative frenzy surrounding two yacht clubs: Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC) and Mutant Ape Yacht Club (MAYC).
A breakdown of the platform’s outstanding performance since the turn of the year indicates that yesterday, January 3, was the most rewarding. The company recorded a massive $255.8 million worth of volume within the space of 24-hour data made available to the public by rchen8 on Dune Analytics indicates.
Interestingly, there are indications that this might be the All-Time High of the platform within 24 hours. However, while this assertion looks interesting, multiple popular onlookers, including Wu Blockchain, share the same view. Previous data states otherwise. A post by rchen8 on Dune Analytics shows that August 29 saw the all-time high (ATH) of $322 million.
In December, OpenSea’s monthly volume topped $3.24 billion and fell just 5.3% short of the platform’s ATH in August of $3.42 billion.
Much Frenzy Surrounds Bored Ape and Mutant Ape NFTs
While multiple factors can be credited for the continuous rise in trading volumes of OpenSea, it is impossible to undermine the role of the recent frenzy surrounding the BAYC and MAYC NFTs, among other projects designed by the prominent Yuga Labs.
This is because of the prominent position these projects hold on the platform. For example, MAYC sits at the top of the rank of all NFT projects when viewed from the lens of their seven-day volume on secondary markets at $93.2 million, according to data from CryptoSlam. BAYC NFTs follow closely with $88.4 million in trading volume.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?