Stellar and Ripple have been working in a neck to neck competition, to establish themselves as the blockchain partner to the financial industry, trying to provide speed and other blockchain benefits to the financial transactions. According to a recent release Stellar has just inched closer to XRP and has recorded 1,000,000 accounts on it ledger
Stellar increasing use case
Stellar, had been a coin with not many could have missed if they traded cryptocurrencies. While most coins are adding value gradually, Stellar is scooping huge addition to its value, thus the altcoin is climbing the market cap table higher. Hence the announcement of having 1 million accounts on its ledger doesn’t come as a surprise to many as it was bound to happen sooner or later.
— OrbitLens (@orbitlens) August 27, 2018
Stellar has been steadily growing and increasing use case in recent times. In June, Stellar had acquired Chain, the San Francisco-based start-up building blockchain technology for the financial industry, according to people familiar with the deal. This gave Stellar access to Chain’s blockchain based products which facilitates financial entities to digitally transfer money and other assets directly, securely and near instantaneously without much hassle.
Stellar had also introduced in Singapore their concept of a network ATM which could bring a lot more visibility for the people that are not very well familiarized with the crypto world.
Recently Stellar was named by the Shariyah Review Board (SRB) as a Sharia-compliant network for Payments and Asset Tokenization. The development made Stellar the first distributed ledger protocol to be certified as a Sharia-compliant digital currency. Also, the certification will help increase the use and popularity of the Cryptocurrency amongst Muslims, especially in the Middle East areas.
Apart from this Stellar had partnered with IBM on the blockchain project which would allow the banks to conduct the transactions using Lumens, and then rely on local market makers to convert the Lumens into local fiat currency.
Apart from the IBM partnership Stellar Lumens (XLM) also announced partnerships with:
SatoshiPay – a service that helps on monetizing a website through digital assets.
EXCH.ONE – a Swiss company that envisions to cross digital assets and fiat currencies that wishes to include on the Stellar network several currencies both on the European Union and outside of it (UK and South/Central America).
Klick-Ex – the renowned cross-border payment service that has a strong presence in Europe and the Pacific.
Mobius – a company that will help them make the bridge towards mobile devices and the ability to deploy a smart contract with data for non-blockchain developers. Jed McCaleb, Stellar co-founder, is part of this institution.
HashCash – a service that intends to create solutions for financial entities such as banks through Stellar’s network.
Also, read: Stellar [XLM] the Top Pick of this Month, Here’s Why it’ll Keep on Selling like Hotcakes
Ripple and Stellar – Same industry different focus
Even though Ripple and Stellar come from the same source code and cater to the same industry, their focus approach and strategy is very different. Stellar (XLM) and Ripple (XRP) have different goals and they walk on their own paths. Stellar (XLM)’s developers are focused on helping startups while the folks behind Ripple (XRP) are partnering with banks. This shows us that Stellar (XLM) and Ripple (XRP) are quite different and that they will not compete anytime soon unless they cross over each other territory
The way Stellar is moving, its enriching value for itself and for its token holders. As Stellar continues its focus to help startups, it is bound to grow exponentially and in a monopoly manner unless Ripple crosses its path. Still, the market is huge for stellar to sustain competition and emerge as a key cryptocurrency
Will Stellar soon breach the USD 1 mark as many analysts on the street suggest? Do let us know your views on the same.
- Just-In: El Salvador To Discuss Bitcoin Adoption With 44 Countries
- Ethereum Founder Says A Terra Bailout Should Target These Holders
- FTX Chief Sam Bankman-Fried thinks Bitcoin Has No Future As A Payments System
- Polygon Team Working With Terra Projects to Help Them Swiftly Migrate to Polygon Network
- Where Is Terra’s (LUNA) Enormous Bitcoin Reserve?
- Binance CEO CZ Clears Air On Their Investment In Terra LUNA
- LUNA Price Jumps 1500%, Time To Buy Or Another Trap?
- Terra Founder Proposes Revival Plan But LUNA 2.0 Shall Be An Uphill Task, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Circle Mints 8.4 Billion USDC Within 7 Days, Why?
- Buy The Dip? Whales Add $1.2 Bln Bitcoin As Price Falls Below $30K
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?
- TRX Price Analysis: Fallout of $0.075 Support Hints 18% Drop in TRX
- Ethereum Price Forecast: Is The Dip Over Or There Is More Pain Ahead?
- MANA Price May Tumble By 42%; Here’s Why