TRON DAO has increased its stablecoin reserves to safeguard the blockchain as the USDD continued to trade below its peg.
The reserve increased its supply of USDC tokens by 300 million on the blockchain. The current supply now sums up to $2.8 billion.
USDD, which was launched earlier this year, was intended to be an algorithmic stablecoin. But it then overcollateralized to prevent a crash like Terra’s UST.
Collateralization Rate Reaches 300%
With the increase in the reserve, the USDD’s collateralization rate has reached 324.53%. After the announcement, a marginal increase in the token price has been noticed.
At the press time, TRX is trading at an average price of $0.060. The token price has jumped by 1.57% in 24 hours.
TRON’s stablecoin is currently trading at $0.97. The price has increased by 0.19% in the last 24 hours.
This measure was taken to shield the USDD from further de-pegging.
The TRON token had experienced a fall of nearly 20% in its price earlier this week. The de-pegging of the stablecoin is believed to be one of the reasons behind this slump.
However, the token was recorded as the biggest gainer last month, largely due to the hefty 30% yield offered by USDD.
The blockchain has announced earlier that it will withdraw 3 billion TRX out of the Cefi exchange and Defi lending platform.
By doing these withdrawals TRON blockchain is trying to reduce liquidity for short sellers, closing their positions.
TRON Aims For $ 3 Billion reserve
Justin Sun, CEO of the blockchain has hinted that this $2.8 billion reserve will to stretch up to $3 billion. This is not the first instance when the millions have been added to the reserve with an aim to save its stabelcoin.
Earlier this month, another $100 million was injected into the reserve. This was the first transfer done by the TRON in order stop its stablecoin from meeting the fate of TERRA LUNA.
According to CoinGecko’s data ,USDD has recorded has recorded a growth of 126% in its market capital in past 30 days.
- Bitcoin Miners Likely Behind Crash Below $19K, Here’s Why
- India’s Crypto Exchanges In Trouble? 1% Tax Keeps Traders Away
- Crypto Exchange KuCoin Denies Rumours of Them Halting Exchange Withdrawals
- Elrond Price Jumps By 9% Over This Announcement
- XRP Holding Better Than Most Altcoins, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Polygon, Major Blockchains Hit With Network Attack
- New Crypto Rules In Europe: A Global Standard For Regulation?
- Third Biggest Whale Adds 1,416 Bitcoins In Last 2 Days; Will This Pump BTC?
- ‘Big Short’ Michael Burry Says Bitcoin Crash Is Only Halfway Through
- These Whales Scoop $850 mln Worth FTX Tokens Ahead Of BlockFi Deal
- CRV Price Analysis: Buyers Prepare To Boost CRV Prices To $1
- DOGE Price Analysis: Pullback Opportunity Eyes its Next Jump to $0.1
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern May Soar SAND price by 20%
- Polygon Price Analysis: V-top Reversal may Direct MATIC to $0.31 Support
- ETH Price Analysis: Is Ethereum Dropping To Three Digits?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis- BTC on Losing Streak Nearing $17800; Will it Hold?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26