The Non-Fungible Token (NFT) craze has hit the roof as people are increasingly spending millions on digital collectibles that the mainstream media and people unaware of the NFT craze find bizarre. The latest NFT phenomenon is a rock, yes a JPEG photo of rock has fetched $1.3 million in the auction after someone paid 420 ETH for the NFT.
The virtual collection of rocks are popularly known as EtherRocks or ETH rocks which were first created in December 2017 but have only gained mainstream attention during the ongoing frenzy around the NFT market. There are only 100 of these virtual rocks and the price floor for purchase has been increased to 730 ETH or nearly $2.3 million dollars.
Current #EtherRock Price Floor: Ξ730 Ether ($2,274,139)
Rock ID 92 Ξ730 Eth
Rock ID 38 Ξ750 Eth
Rock ID 65 Ξ1337 Eth
Rock ID 8 Ξ1413 Eth
Rock ID 29 Ξ1555 Eth
Rock ID 28 Ξ1777 Eth
Rock ID 89 Ξ2000 Eth
Ξ420 Eth 23 hrs ago
Ξ420 Eth 1 day ago
Ξ420 Eth 23 hrs ago pic.twitter.com/2jBXGy180F
— EtherRock Price (@etherrockprice) August 26, 2021
In the first phase of the NFT craze, most of the high-value NFTs included digital art, meme, or memorabilia, however now it seems old NFT collectibles with limited supply have caught the eyes of investors. Other digital collectibles that have been making a lot of noise because of the hype are CryptoPunk, another JPEG collectibles.
Visa Enters NFT Space
The craze of NFT can be understood from the fact that VISA, the payment processing giant also focused on building crypto spending infrastructure made its first-ever NFT investment in CryptoPunk. Visa paid $150,000 in ETH to buy the NFT and also suggested it would buy more. The payment processing giant also showed keen interest in joining the Metaverse and becoming a gateway for NFT transactions as well.
Over the last 60 years, Visa has built a collection of historic commerce artifacts – from early paper credit cards to the zip-zap machine. Today, as we enter a new era of NFT-commerce, Visa welcomes CryptoPunk #7610 to our collection. https://t.co/XoPFfwxUiu
— VisaNews (@VisaNews) August 23, 2021
CryptoPunk like ETHRocks was first created in 2017 with a 10,000 limited series and it has been exchanged for millions in the past couple of months. The likes of Logan Paul also hold one of these digital collectibles and recently was offered nearly a million dollars for his digital avatar. The NFT hype could accelerate further with the second leg of the crypto market and we may come across much more unknown collectible series whose valuation would grow into millions within days.
- Uniswap ($UNI) Surges 45% As Trading Fees Surpass Ethereum
- Ethereum Merge Delay? Developers Concerned Over Shadow Fork
- MINA Price Jumps By 20% Over This Announcement
- Bitcoin Mining Data Suggests More Price Dumps Ahead; Details
- This Bitcoin Bear Market Is Unlike Any Other, Here’s Why
- Here’s Why Shiba Inu Ecosystem Tokens’ Prices Are Shooting Up
- Goldman Sachs Likely to Raise $2 Billion To Acquire Celsius Assets, But Here’s the Catch
- Here’s Why SEC Chair Wants Single Rulebook For All Crypto Trading
- Huge Cardano Breakout Imminent After This Resistance Level?
- Shibarium To Launch Soon; How It Can Pump Shiba Inu Prices?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Reversal Within Channel could Sink NEAR Below $3
- Solana Price Analysis: SOL Price Rallying North With Eyes On $59
- XRP Price Analysis: Trendline Reversal Could Dump XRP Back to $0.3
- AXS Price Analysis: Rising AXS Price Aims To Reclaim $17.6 Mark
- Polygon Price Analysis: Can Trendline Breakout Lead MATIC to $0.75?
- ArbiSmart Price Analysis: RBIS Retests Multi-month Support; Buy this Dip?
- Waves Price Analysis: Emerging Pattern Threatens to Break $4.16 Support
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Trendline Fakeout Could Tumble APE by 25%
- Uniswap Price Analysis: Can Ongoing Recovery Carry UNI Price to $8?
- SHIB Price Analysis: $0.00001 Breakout Could Pump SHIB by 33%