Azuki, one of the most popular NFT collections, saw its prices tumble after its founder revealed a past affiliation with abandoned NFT projects.
The NFT collection prices saw a huge drop of around 50% . The NFT’s floor price sank 21% to touch 11 Ethereum (approx $26,200)- its lowest level since late-March.
Azuki floor price down by 23% in last 24 hrs
In a blog, Zagabond revealed that he founded and literally abandoned 3 projects within a year. The fictitious founder disclosed his involvement in the dumped projects like CryptoPhunks, CryptoZunks and Tendies. Azuki faced a huge backlash over the internet. While this has caused uncertainty related to the projects among the buyers and holders.
Amid speculations and fear, the Azuki NFT’s trade volume has increased by 1,329% in the last 24 hours. The Azuki’s current floor price stands at 14.88 ETH (approx $35.5k). Prices have dropped by over 23.81% in the last 24 hours. Looks like the NFT collection recovered a bit amid opposite sentiments. As per the data, the 24 hour trading volume stands at 11,700 ETH (approx $27.9 million) with around 760 sales.
However, the Azuki NFT collection has slid to the 8th spot among the other top projects. Its total floor cap stands at 148,800 ETH (approx $354.8 million). Meanwhile, Azuki attained a recent high of 31.04 ETH (approx $73.7K) on May 4. 2022.
This comes after a recent boom in the project’s prices, which saw it briefly overtake no. one NFT collection the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
Zagabond still bullish on the project
Zagabond in his revelation letter asserted that Azuki is built from the learning they took from the past projects. They guided him “to lead, not follow”. Meanwhile, he dropped the affirmation that Azuki is in for the long term and like the past projects. Be it Bull or Bear conditions, the Azuki is working towards the Web3. However, it will be a challenge to make the shift.
Meanwhile, some developers believe that the Zagabond didn’t come out with this announcement emotionally. He may have done this to protect its projects as this news would have leaked in anytime soon.
- WOO Network Halts Terra’s LUNA Trading Just Hours After Relisting It
- Terra Crash Spilled Over Into Other L-1 Blockchains, Here’s How
- SEC Chair Gensler Responds To Terra Crash, More Regulation Due?
- Terra Like A Crypto “Pyramid Scheme,” Says Activist Investor Bill Ackman
- Ethereum Shorts Building Up, ETH Exchange Supply Rises
- Bitcoin (BTC) Hits 3-Day Death Cross, More Bloodbath Coming?
- Crypto Expert PlanB Reveals New Bitcoin (BTC) Bull Run
- Solana (SOL) NFT Trades Moon Amid Crypto Crash
- LUNA Founder Faces Community Backlash Over LUNA Revival Plan; Here’s Why
- Breaking: Do Kwon Releases Another LUNA Revival Plan
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark
- LUNA Price Analysis: Opportunity to Buy Cheap or A Bull Trap?
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Prepares For 60% Gains; Are You Buying?
- SOL Price Analysis: Is $60.0 Around The Corner On The 4-hour Chart?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern Retest Phase Warns $0.08 Fallout
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured below $0.50; Is Selling A Good Choice?