Big breaking news is coming in this morning! Russia’s central bank suggests making crypto trading, mining, and usage illegal reports CoinDesk. the country’s central bank released a statement Thursday and said, “Russia must ban cryptocurrencies.”
The Bank of Russia’s Financial Stability Department director, Elizaveta Danilova, showed the report named “Cryptocurrencies: trends, risks, measures” at a media conference.
According to the report, cryptocurrencies are volatile and primarily used in illicit actions such as fraud. They offer an outlet for people to take their money out of the national economy.
The bank, consequently, proposes Russia needs fresh laws and regulations that virtually ban any crypto-related movements in the country.
Ban on crypto transactions
The report adds that a ban on using crypto for payments should be reinforced, and Russian individuals and companies should punish people for buying or selling goods, services, and labor in exchange for crypto.
Cryptocurrency mining, which thrived in Russia over the past few years, also came under fire.
Recently, the Bank of Russia stated that Russians execute over $5 billion worth of crypto trades in a year. Not sure how this amount was calculated.
- Just In: Bitcoin Maximalist Jack Dorsey Left Twitter Board, Here’s Why
- Breaking: Portugal Takes U-Turn On Crypto Taxation
- Ethereum L2 Protocol StarkWare Raises $100 Million At $8 Billion Valuation
- Just In: Polygon Launches Huge Fund For Terra Migration, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Andreessen Horowitz Launches $4.5 Billion Crypto Fund Amid Market Crash
- Why Banning Crypto Mining Is Almost Impossible?
- Will S. Korean Exchanges Relist LUNA? Rumors Claim Terra Founder Reaching Out To Exchanges
- Breaking: Binance “Working Closely” With Terra On Recovery Plan
- Breaking: Terra 2.0 Plan Officially Approved, Testnet Goes Live
- Do Kwon’s Terra 2.0 Plan Rejected By S.Korean Crypto Exchanges
- Sandbox Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout Aims SAND To Hit $2.6
- MATIC Price Analysis: Bullish Influence Grows on Consolidation
- TRON Price Analysis: High Volume Breakout may Lead TRX to $0.9 Mark
- Tezos Price Analysis: Dynamic Trendline May Carry XTZ Price to $2.4
- AAVE Price Analysis: AAVE Chart Hints Coin Holders May Lose $100 Mark
- What Next For The Fast Recovering FTM Price?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Foretells Upcoming Rally in ETH
- Zilliqa Price Analysis: Channel Breakout Hints ZIL Price to hit $0.1
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Trapped Bullish Momentum Need Triangle Breakout
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline