Cardano successfully integrated smart contract support on the mainnet with Alonzo hardfork on September 12. The blockchain has reached 100 smart contract milestones within 24-hours of the Alonzo upgrade. Charles Hoskinson, the founder of the Cardano blockchain called it six years of hard work turning into a success. He said,
“This upgrade is the culmination of six years of hard work with some of the brightest minds in blockchain and beyond. The focus is now on improving the platform further and ensuring that Cardano is adopted by corporations and governments. With this launch, commercialization is as much in the hands of the community as it is the system architects, and they are already delivering – in less than 24 hours, over 100 smart contracts have already been run.”
The smart contract integration is proclaimed to be the biggest upgrade on the third-largest blockchain network pitting it against the likes of market leaders Ethereum and Polkadot. The blockchain could now host Dapps, Defi protocols, and even mint NFTs. What made the success of the Alonzo hardfork even sweeter for Cardano folks is the amount of criticism and flak it has received over the years for not having the smart contract functionality.
You know it's pretty easy to win when you're being underestimated and ignored. It's actually the greatest gift we could get. Stay hungry everyone https://t.co/2l7cbTxSLQ
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) September 15, 2021
Many people even bet against Cardano claiming it won’t be able to integrate smart contract support on time. The likes of PolymarketQ and Polygon co-founder Sandeep Nailwal lost the bet and now Hoskinson wants them to put their money where their mouth was.
Looks like we got another donation coming https://t.co/Km6gsL8S6i
— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) September 14, 2021
Cardano ($ADA) Price Could See a Recovery
$ADA price saw a phenomenal run in the run-up to the upgrade reaching a new all-time high of $3.10 before the final upgrade. However, the price dipped post-Tuesday market crash that coincided with the Alonzo upgrade. $ADA is currently trading at the $2.40 mark, but technical indicate it might burst into another bullish rally as the crypto market recovered from the recent flash crash.
The latest upgrade would not only make the Cardano network more secure and decentralized, but it would also make it one of the more scalable products available in the market with enhanced security features.
- OpenSea’s Meteoric Rise May Trigger An Ethereum Crash, Here’s Why
- Breaking: JPMorgan Closes Uniswap (UNI) Founder’s Accounts
- UBS Warns Of Apocalyptic Crypto Winter And The Cryptocurrency Prices Are Poised To Crash
- SOL Tanks 6% As Solana Faces Another 48 Hour Outage, Boom and Bust Moment for Solana?
- Fantom (FTM) Surpasses Avalanche and Solana as DeFi TVL Crosses $12 Billion
- Buy The Dip Survey Shows 61% Of Chinese Bitcoin Investors Still Willing To Bet On Bitcoin
- Mike Novogratz Bets To Pay Peter Schiff $1 M If Bitcoin Price Stays Below $35,000 After 2022
- “At Some Point There’ll Be A Flash Crash” Says Gold Bull Peter Schiff
- Binance And FTX Worst Hit Exchanges As Losses Climb Almost Two Billion Combined
- Bitcoin S2F Founder says Current dip cannot stop Bitcoin from Adding Another Zero
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?