The Terra UST token faced the axe from popular cryptocurrency exchanges like Binance, BitMEX, OKX and FTX in the last few days. In a latest move, another top exchange Gemini joins the list of exchanges that announced or already have Terra delisted.
Unprecedented meltdown witnessed in the Terra network on May 12 resulted in a widespread cryptocurrency market meltdown. After Terra founder Do Kwon announced a new revival plan for the network, a voting is ongoing over the newly updated proposal.
As of writing, 230.90 million votes have been registers out of the 365.07 million total voting capacity. Of those, around 142.41 million (62%) voted ‘Yes’ for creating a new Terra chain without the algorithmic stablecoin.
The plan involves renaming the old chain to Luna Classic (LUNC) and new chain as Terra (token Luna – LUNA). The company announced it will complete the essential app developer registration and launch the network on May 27.
Gemini For Terra Delisting
The Gemini exchange announced it will suspend trading for $UST and $MIR on May 27.
“Custody and withdrawals to Ethereum compatible wallets will still be supported after trading is suspended. Both $UST and $MIR will remain available to trade in limit-only mode on web via ActiveTrader for all Gemini customers until this time.”
Close Monitoring of LUNA
ActiveTrader is Gemini’s trading interface that offers advanced charting, additional trading pairs, order types, and deeper order book visibility. “We are closely monitoring the current status of $LUNA and it remains available in limit-only mode,” it informed.
As of writing, $UST is trading at $0.000112, down 20.13% in the last 24 hours, according to CoinMarketCap. It’s current market cap is $731 million.
Meanwhile, South Korea’s tax authorities have charged Terraform Labs and Kwon for dodging Income and Corporate tax. The country’s tax authorities are charging the company with over $78.4 million in unpaid taxes.
- Ethereum Exchange Supply Spikes, ETH At A Risk of Correcting to $700 And Below
- NFT Marketplace OpenSea Flags Data Breach, Here’s What Was Leaked
- EU Passes A Bill to Trace the Flow of Bitcoin & Crypto Assets In Regulatory Tightening Measures
- North Korea’s Lazarus Group Behind $100 Million Horizon Hack, Harmony Initiates Global Manhunt
- Grayscale Initiates A Lawsuit Against the U.S. SEC Over Spot Bitcoin ETF Issues
- Pentagon Raises Damning Concerns Over Bitcoin, Ethereum Security
- Bitcoin Cash Sinks 7% As Its Biggest Advocate Is Accused Of Default
- Here’s Why Ethereum (ETH) Price Can Plunge More Ahead
- This Crypto Winter Suite Could Help Investors In Bear Market
- Terra USTC Price Skyrockets By 75%; Will It Recover More?
- NEAR Price Analysis: Falling Prices Eye $3 Breakdown; Should Coin Holders Worry?
- SHIB Price Analysis: Sustained Selling may Lead $SHIB to $0.0000074?
- Sandbox Price Analysis: Crashing SAND Prices Warns 25% Downfall
- Solana Price Analysis: $36 Breakdown Teases SOL Price to Revisit $26
- Chainlink Price Analysis: Wedge Pattern could Lead LINK price below to $5
- AAVE Price Analysis: Buyers Need $76.6 Breakout to Trigger Bullish Recovery
- Apecoin Price Analysis: Rising APE Price Knockout Another Barrier; is $6 Next?
- Stacks Price Analysis: Reversal Within Wedge Pattern Eyes $0.3 Support
- Tezos Price Analysis: XTZ Rebounds from Yearly Support; is it a good buy?
- Tron Price Analysis: Triangle Pattern Governs the TRX Price Action; Should Coin Holders Worry?