After a few weeks of buzz, the deal is official! The world’s richest man Elon Musk has purchased social media microblogging site Twitter in a $44 billion deal. What’s got the crypto community excited is whether Elon Musk will add Dogecoin payments to Twitter anytime soon.
The tech billionaire has been a major fan of the Shiba Inu memecoin. Recently, Musk also proposed having Dogecoin payments to the Twitter Blue subscription services. Now that he owns the entire company, will he really bring this change?
Well, the DOGE price has shot up by 20% in the last 12 hours as Dogecoin makes its way into the top ten crypto-list once again. The DOGE price surged as high as 17 cents intraday as the memcoin manages to jump four ranks in a single day toppling the likes of Avalanche (AVAX), TerraUSD (UST), and Polkadot (DOT). On-chain data provider Santiment notes:
Potentially related to the news of #ElonMusk‘s nearly formalized purchase of #Twitter today, #Dogecoin has pumped +19% over the past six hours. We have historically seen that #memecoins benefit from #Musk developments.
With the recent move, it seems that Dogecoin (DOGE) is covering up majorly on its 2022 losses. Speaking to Bloomberg, Teong Hng, chief executive of Hong Kong-based crypto investment firm Satori Research said:
“Elon has openly supported Dogecoin and previously talked favorably of this token. The “market is anticipating that he may incorporate Dogecoin as a payment system, hence this rally.”
As we have seen, the news of Musk acquiring Twitter has seen DOGE fans getting excited. Earlier in January, Musk allowed Dogecoin payments to buy Tesla merchandise. Furthermore, the tech billionaire also believes that Dogecoin is better placed than Bitcoin for daily payments and transactions.
It is too early to claim that Musk would introduce DOGE payments to Twitter. His first goal with Twitter is to promote free speech while limiting the spread of misinformation and building trust among users. Upon his Twitter acquisition, Elon Musk said:
“I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the product with new features, making the algorithms open source to increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all humans. Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”
- G7 Countries to Discuss Crypto Assets This Week After Recent Terra Ecosystem Collapse
- Whales Eye Litecoin Ahead Of Major Update, Here’s Why
- Just-In: Robinhood Now Supports Web3 Wallets And NFTs
- U.S. Is Winning Bitcoin Mining Race But China Still Not Out Of Picture: Report
- Stablecoin Meltdown: This Token Loses $7 Billion Within A Week
- Just-In: Polygon (MATIC) Releases Nightfall Mainnet Beta; Here’s Why It’s A Big Deal
- Ripple (XRP) Price Jumps Over 4%, Here’s Why
- Coinbase Cuts Down Hiring After Q1 Losses Hit $420 Million
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Price Soars 6% In A Day, Here’s Why
- KuCoin Lists $UST Crisis Born Stablecoin $USDD; Details
- APE Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Eyes 55% Rise in APE
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Price Remains Pressured Below $0.45
- EGLD Price Analysis: Decreasing Volume Hints EGLD to Reverse from $75
- Cardano Price Analysis: ADA Price Prepares For 22% Jump; Are You Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Holds Above $30,000; Opportunity To Buy?
- Ethereum Price Analysis: ETH Price Erases Recovery Gains Towards $2,000
- Decentraland Price Analysis: MANA Price Sinks 10%; Are You Still Holding?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Under Bear’s Spell; Is $26,000 On Cards Again?
- ETH Price Analysis: Consolidation Range Soon To Launch ETH Above $2250
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: Triangle Breakout Sets BTC Rally To $32000 Mark