The crypto market has been volatile this year and after the March rally, it seems to be under pressure once again. The broader crypto market cap has slipped under $2 trillion and BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes believes that the worst is yet to come.
In his latest opinion piece, ‘The Q-Trap’ Hayes speaks in detail about the changing global macro-economic trends. He further explains the weakness in the Nasdaq 100 (NDX) index and how Bitcoin and the crypto market have been closely related to it. Sharing the technical chart for Nasdaq 100, Hayes writes:
On 27 December 2021, the Nasdaq 100 closed at a high of 16567.50 and then subsequently hit a local low of 13046.64. Using the tried and tested Fibonacci Retracement, NDX failed to break through the 61.8% retracement on the bounce. A few days later it attempted to break that resistance level again, failed, and has continued lower ever since.
He further expects Nasdaq to break below its local low and slip to 10,000 and below it. On the other hand, he notes that as the Fed and other central banks have to deal with the inflation monster, they won’t be moving back from quantitative tightening anytime soon.
Crypto Crash 2022 Coming
Hayes predicts that there will be a strong ripple effect of the Nasdaq 100 correction over to the crypto market. “Bitcoin and Ether are highly correlated to the Nasdaq 100. If the NDX tanks, it will take crypto down with it. I am buying crash June 2022 puts on both Bitcoin and Ether,” he said.
Hayes also believes that Bitcoin and Ether will bottom before the Fed acts and reverses its policy from tight to loose. He adds that by the end of the second quarter this June 2022, Bitcoin (BTC) will hit $30,000 and Ether (ETH) can touch a bottom of $2,500.
However, Hayes adds that there are a number of altcoins he has started accumulating wherein he finds the valuations attractive.
Hayes adds that this is just his “prognosis” and he reserves the right to be wrong. In a concluding note, Hayes adds:
“This analysis is purely an attempt to trade a short-term situation that I believe will transpire in risk markets and hedge purchases of attractively priced altcoins”
- Do Kwon Says Terra Collecting Snapshot Data For LUNA Airdrop
- Top ETH Whales Add These DeFi Tokens Amid Crypto Volatility
- Here’s Why Bitcoin (BTC) Could Be In for Another 50% Correction Under $15,000
- Another Top Exchange To Delist Terra UST Over Collapse
- Just-In: Vitalik Buterin No Longer A Billionaire As Ethereum Crashes
- Bitcoin Price: Key Metrics Show Surprising Insights
- After Terra Crash, Galaxy Digital CEO Warns Against Bottom Buying
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Prices May Jump Next Week; Here’s Why
- Is Andre Cronje Back On Fantom? FTM Jumps 13%
- PlanB Says Bear Market Almost Over, Bitcoin (BTC) In Buying Range
- FTM Price Analysis: Buyers Tease Breakout From Long-Coming Trendline
- GALA Price Analysis: High Momentum Fallout Warns $0.075 Fallout
- Sandbox Price Prediction 2022 : Analysts Show Optimism Towards The Metaverse SAND Token
- Apecoin Price Prediction 2022 : The future of Web3 and NFTs ?
- Ethereum Classic Price Prediction 2022 : Here’s What to Expect from ETC Price ?
- SAND Price Analysis: SAND Buyers Await Trendline Breakout To Go Long
- Avalanche Price Analysis: AVAX Sellers Tease $30 Fallout; Sell or Hold?
- Bitcoin Price Analysis: BTC Price Strikes $30000; Breakout Or Fakeout?
- TRX Price Analysis – Another Bullish Attempt For $0.075 Breakout
- KuCoin Price Analysis: Low Volume Rally Hints Pullback Opportunity in KCS