Ether ($ETH), the second-largest cryptocurrency managed to breach $4K resistance briefly for the first time since posting ATH of $4,362 in May. However, it could hold onto its gains that fell right after, currently trading at $3,934. The altcoin started its path to recovery along with Bitcoin starting in August and gained momentum post-London Hardfork.
London Hardfork proved to be the catalyst for Ether’s price as EIP-1559 made it a deflationary asset. Since then nearly hundreds of millions worth of $ETH has been burnt out of circulating supply. Ether had its first deflationary day as the number of $ETH burnt was higher than the day’s supply. A total of 13,485.5000 ETH were issued while 13,838.3717 were burnt.
13,838.3717 $ETH burned 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 yesterday.
Issuance: 13,485.5000 ETH
Net Change: -352.8717 ETH
Annualized: -0.11% 📉
2021-09-03 00:00-24:00 UTC
Last Block: 13155888
Cumulative 🔥: 188,644.5521 ETH
— ETH Burn 🔥 Bot 🦇🔊 (@ethburnbot) September 4, 2021
The depleting circulating supply could trigger the supply-demand crisis fueling the Ether price to new highs. A significant portion of the depleting circulation supply was already being staked in ETH 2.0 contracts and the burning tokens have made it even scarcer.
$299M worth $ETH staked in the ETH 2.0 contract yesterday.
Once it’s staked, depositors can’t withdraw it until future upgrades are deployed. It might take a few months/years.
These people think $3,787 is still a cheaper price in the long term.
— Ki Young Ju 주기영 (@ki_young_ju) September 3, 2021
Ether Exchange Supply on a Continuous Decline
The volume of $ETH on centralized exchanges has fallen to a new two-year high. Since March 15, 2020, the exchange supply has dropped from 27% to 17%. Price is up 3,447%. The altcoin is riding high on the surging popularity of NFTs as well which makes use of Ethereum’s smart contract and acts as a base blockchain for the same.
Ether is only 9.88% below its previous ATH and if the current bullish momentum continues, the second-largest cryptocurrency can post a new ATH in the coming weeks itself. Many believe it will outperform Bitcoin in the second leg of this bull run because of the great market depth and the surging popularity of Defi and the NFT ecosystem.
With ETH 2.0 final upgrade nearing and a successful London hard fork has put Ether in the driver seat and it might be the next altcoin to join the likes of Solana ($SOL), Terra ($LUNA), and Cardano ($ADA) to post new ATH.
- Ethereum’s Futures Open Interest hit a 3-month low, what does this mean for the market?
- Professional Mining from Digital Mining Experts Is Now Available via GMT
- Just-In: Georgia Binds Its Residents in Holy Oath Against Bitcoin Mining
- Wager Based 3D PVE/PVP Arena Battler Engines of Fury Storms GameFi With Incredible Content
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) Devs Begin to Fix Recent Issue of ‘Wormhole’ Addresses’; Here’s All You Need to Know
- BNY Mellon Sees Meaningful Revenue In Crypto by 2023 Post Clear Regulations
- Moody’s Confirms El Salvador’s Ratings Unchanged After President Bukele’s Reactive Tweet
- Luxury Car brand Lamborghini joins the NFT Bandwagon
- Mercedes Taps NFT Creators In Celebration of G-Class Series
- Why Ethereum (ETH) Price May Explode Coming July?
- Solana Creeps Higher, Looks To Revisit January Highs AT $177.0
- Ethereum Price Analysis: Fibonacci Retracement level 0.618 Triggers Recovery Rally In ETH Coin
- BTC Price Analysis: Death Crossover Brings Nightmares On Satoshi Street; Is This A Buying Opportunity?
- Bitcoin Death Cross Haunting Investors, Will BTC Make or Break?
- DOGE Price Analysis: Highly Influential Bearish Trendline Undermines Bullish Attempts; Buy, Sell Or Hold?
- Terra Price Analysis: Will LUNA Price Bounce Back at 0.382 Fibonacci Retracement?
- SAND Price Analysis: Sandbox Price Losses 50% Retracement Level, Good Time to Buy?
- LINK Price Analysis: Chainlink price reclaims 200-day EMA, Emerging trendline Suggests More Upward Price Movement
- Harmony Price Analysis: Rising Parallel Pattern Could Lead 30% Growth In $ONE Price
- Ripple Price Analysis: XRP Bears Struggle To Breach $0.7 Support Zone, Is A Reversal Next Move?